anyone interested in an update?

My upgraded pistons were being fitted to the rods as of a few days ago. The motor I bought "new" to me had already been fitted with a Paxton and run a few times (nobody told me this when I was inquiring about it) at 6psi.

Anyway, things are going ok I guess. I'm not pushing a completion date or timeline, just want it done right the first time.

Hope all of you with motors in various stages of repair get them back on the road soon. I've only put maybe 30 miles on mine since I bought it and havent seen it for at least 2 months.

Big Asp said:
Believe me, I feel your pain!

I'm in the "standby to commence standing by" mode - again. I was told my new pistons are a week out. According to Jack's rules that means three weeks. Waiting for the pistons so the machine shop can get busy. On top of waiting for parts, the guy building the engine has kidney stones (I don't envy him that).

Whenever I start to feel frustrated with the situation something happens to bring things back into perspective. We just had our 8th grandchild today. Truck, what truck?

CONGRADULATIONS !!! Big Asp

YEAHUP! Mine started trying to pick up 50hp to catch NOWWHATS Ass! Then the "tuner" and I will use the asterisk until he has proven himself, blew up my shit. Now for some godawful reason I have decided to let him do the rebuild (cuz its on his dime for the labor) and now were waiting on the Stryker heads. Building these things SUCKS, but if Walt is an example, then Ill take it cuz he was pretty pissed until he got his truck. then it was all ok. Hopefully I will be in the same shoes here real shortly,BUT, I just read that 1FAST400's truck with Strykers and a full forged bottom end Dyno'd at 330rwhp. Man I hope mine doesnt do that cuz i will kill someone!!!! better days ahead!
B

Yes I think Jack's comments should be placed as a sticky for all of those doing big build ups...

Stinker said:
WELL THEY AINT NO DANG UPDATE!!!!! I DONT HAVE A FREAKIN TRUCK! IT WAS ALL A LIE!!!!

Nah, talked with the Snake Doc today, and man this is one big pain!

but he has changed a few things and run it today up to 5psi and it made 640rwhp and 680 trq and that without a perfect tune.

Hopefully monday things will come together.

boogity booogity booo!:D

man that sucks stinker, I hope you get it fixed:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back