Anyone Know of Aftermarket Flywheels Available for 2005 QCs w/Auto?

oldguysrt10 said:
I appreciate your posting with the effort of being helpful. The previous wasn't.

I'm going with an aftermarket converter (costing me $1200 for just the converter) that addresses what you described. One of the other 2 SRT10 QCs with the problem I have did the same. It's had another flywheel failure subsequent to the aftermarket converter installation.

Your postings have no impact on my happiness.

Also, knowing the difference between ignorance and stupidity and assuming you do also, I have no problem with the tag. The list of things I don't know is really long. I'm comfortable admitting it. Being old and recognzing such sure relieves a burden.

oldguy

Actually the previous post was helpfull, and truthful.

I'm a lead engineer at the company I work for. I spend a lot of time mentoring others, and one of the things I have found over the years is if you just give an answer right away, they generally do not learn.

If however you guide them, and try to get them to look elsewhere for the answer, and they figure it out themselves, they are a lot better off.

I was hoping that either you would go down this path, or someone else would pick up on it and do so.

So, now you have your answer and I hope you are happy.

Stinker said:
I stay happy:D

uh to butt in.......I can get a ATI dampner if ya need it, it does help over the oem unit:)

ok bye now:p

carry on pappa monkey:marchmellow:

Bite me Stinker. ;) :D

Silverback said:
Actually the previous post was helpfull, and truthful.

I'm a lead engineer at the company I work for. I spend a lot of time mentoring others, and one of the things I have found over the years is if you just give an answer right away, they generally do not learn.

If however you guide them, and try to get them to look elsewhere for the answer, and they figure it out themselves, they are a lot better off.

I was hoping that either you would go down this path, or someone else would pick up on it and do so.

So, now you have your answer and I hope you are happy.

I guess I missed the helpful part in the original post. I'm a Supt. over an engineering group responsible for Cap. execution in a chemical company and am currently responsible for the acitivies of 51 direct reports, including process, A&C, mechanical, electrical, and instrument engineers. I've been in this or roles similar for 33+ years. I understand the difference between spoonfeeding versus stimulating personal growth, and choose reasonably well pertinent to when to opt for which. As a result of the experience I also readily recognize b.s., arrogance, and reactiveness. Bottom line is I was looking for a quick solution to a problem with my truck instead of assistance with my personal development.

Best to all,
oldguy

oldguysrt10 said:
I guess I missed the helpful part in the original post. I'm a Supt. over an engineering group responsible for Cap. execution in a chemical company and am currently responsible for the acitivies of 51 direct reports, including process, A&C, mechanical, electrical, and instrument engineers. I've been in this or roles similar for 33+ years. I understand the difference between spoonfeeding versus stimulating personal growth, and choose reasonably well pertinent to when to opt for which. As a result of the experience I also readily recognize b.s., arrogance, and reactiveness. Bottom line is I was looking for a quick solution to a problem with my truck instead of assistance with my personal development.

Best to all,
oldguy

Smack on Silver's ass.:D

oldguysrt10 said:

Best to all,
oldguy

Yep, you missed the helpful part and you had to act like an ass in your response.

Not a problem. I could give a shit if I ever help you again, and you can be damn sure that I will not.

And I'm just f*cking glad I don't have to be one of your direct reports.

And just incase you missed the most important part.....

F*CK OFF.

Now I feel better.:D

Silverback said:
Yep, you missed the helpful part and you had to act like an ass in your response.

Not a problem. I could give a shit if I ever help you again, and you can be damn sure that I will not.

F*CK OFF.

Damn you're easy.

Best to all,
oldguy

Silverback said:

F*CK OFF.

I've attempted in my posts to give you more credit than warranted. Your initial post was not helpful. I missed nothing. Having already gone the route of a billet torque converter from research of my own, your subsequent suggestion was also not additive. At this point, having not received any help from you, per your post of not providing future help I'll not see a difference. Nothing from nothing is still nothing. Best I can tell your talent is in serving up b.s. then trying to convince folks you've done them a favor.

There are a lot of helpful folks on this forum. That's part of why I posted my problem. Specific to this issue though you've not been one of them.

oldguy

oldguysrt10 said:
I've attempted in my posts to give you more credit than warranted. Your initial post was not helpful. I missed nothing. Having already gone the route of a billet torque converter from research of my own, your subsequent suggestion was also not additive. At this point, having not received any help from you, per your post of not providing future help I'll not see a difference. Nothing from nothing is still nothing. Best I can tell your talent is in serving up b.s. then trying to convince folks you've done them a favor.

There are a lot of helpful folks on this forum. That's part of why I posted my problem. Specific to this issue though you've not been one of them.

oldguy

Must of bugged the shit out of you that I did not reply to your previous post so you have to try again. Sorry, you are incapable of getting my fur up.

As it is, post whatever you want. As soon as I hit the submit button on this post you will be going on my Ignore List anyway.

None of the efforts to find an aftermarket flywheel for our SRT10 QCs were successful. I'm going back with an OEM flywheel and an aftermarket 3 disc billet torque converter (same stall as stock per the recommendation of my transmission guy.....Local racers use him pretty exclusively, and he has a little hot-rod that runs a 5.15 1/8th so I value his input). I was already planning the torque converter upgrade as a result of my transmission guy saying it'd be the probable failure point after installing the Roe S/C. Considering the failure rate (seems to be restricted to local trucks for whatever reason), I'm ordering a 2nd/spare flywheel. If one of the aftermarket companies that specializes in performance flywheels will make one I'll send my spare as a template and let you guys know how it works out in case you have similar problems. If I can't get an aftermarket one made that's an improvement I'll just make flywheel replacement part of my annual tranny service.

Best to all,
oldguy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back