anyone rebuilt their limited slip?

ARRESTmeRed04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone had to rebuild theirs yet? Mine is starting to only want to spin one tire intermittently now. Any links to a rebuild kit?

have ya tried fresh juice with a double dose of friction adder??

have ya tried fresh juice with a double dose of friction adder??

That's wtf I told the man Carl :D word for word, lol!
It's been half the life of his 04 since he changed it:chain:
15K miles and assload of track passes:D
I always like to change mine out every so often to look at teeth and make sure no unwanted parts sitting in there, lmao

Use synthetic fluid, then you don't need friction modifier. Are your spider gears cryoed?

new clutch pack 200 buckaroos ,tool to remove packs 65 on ebay ,,

Use synthetic fluid, then you don't need friction modifier. Are your spider gears cryoed?
its got royal purple with the friction modifier, the cover has never been off the diff

new clutch pack 200 buckaroos ,tool to remove packs 65 on ebay ,,

That sounds reasonable enough, any way to cram an extra clutch disc in there like the old Ford ones?

Carl the friction modifier, from my understanding, causes the clutch pack to slip more so it dosent chatter going around corners. I may try regular gear oil with no modifier to see if the clutches will grab better, worked on an old mustang gt I had

no extra room ,plus it is a tight mother to get them in as it is,when i installed my cryo spiders i went ahead and changed the packs just because i was already there

no extra room ,plus it is a tight mother to get them in as it is,when i installed my cryo spiders i went ahead and changed the packs just because i was already there

I may end up just replacing the packs, I've had cryo spiders for several years now and just never put them in.

I thought for a second you were talking about just doing packs and not gears ,my bad:p

Kinda surprised my spiders haven't come apart yet, I've been pretty hard on the truck, is the axle spreader a must have or just something to make it easier to get the carrier out? I've never messed with a dana 60

Kinda surprised my spiders haven't come apart yet, I've been pretty hard on the truck, is the axle spreader a must have or just something to make it easier to get the carrier out? I've never messed with a dana 60

it is a must ,you cant get it out without it

I just dropped my truck off to get 4.88's put in. The installer called me a little later and said he pulled the cover off and the pin was broke off one side and some of the clutches were laying in the bottom of the rear. Funny thing is, I know the posi was working with no issues when I took it in. Is this a common failure?

I just dropped my truck off to get 4.88's put in. The installer called me a little later and said he pulled the cover off and the pin was broke off one side and some of the clutches were laying in the bottom of the rear. Funny thing is, I know the posi was working with no issues when I took it in. Is this a common failure?

The spider gears are a common breaking point

I have the spreader and clutch pack tool Justin if you want to bum them .just have to pay shipping to and fro .they are a bit heavy though

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back