***Anyone recognize this truck near Boston***

Nope, it is a JTSVP hood.
Think it use to be Big Nanas truck and the Codys (Psycomythic or something like that). Could be wrong

Judging by the hood, bedcover, lowering kit, and grill, and mirrors i'm pretty sure it was Big Nana and Codys after looking at old pics

Attachments

• 31882_1201261811804_6688513_n.jpg
    31882_1201261811804_6688513_n.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Cody isn't with jtsvp anymore. You might want to PM Psycho Mythic and if you don't hear from him let me know.

That truck is in no way the same as when Nana had it .:dontknow:

I agree, I was just showing him some of the history with the truck. He will want to review post by Psycho Mythic also.

I think the truck has an awesome history but it probably has been through a lot.

As cool as this truck sounds....It may not be the one you want to buy from what I am reading. Am I wrong on this one?

Anything I should look for in the engine? I wonder how much a good mechanic would charge to do a compression and leak down test?

I've heard it said that these motors are only good until about 70-80k before they need an overhaul? ANY truth to this?

'Moe

I've heard it said that these motors are only good until about 70-80k before they need an overhaul? ANY truth to this?

'Moe

That all depends on how it was used. I would say for most people who don't track their car a lot and just run bolt ons, these motors will last a lot longer than 70-80k.

I would PM Cody and see what he says. He is a good guy and will tell you about everything you want to know about it.

If you are looking for a black 06 RC contact VPRPWRD if this one in Boston doesn't work out. VPRPWRD has my old 06 and I owned it since it had 11K miles. Meticulously maintained, only went to the track 3 times, was never boosted, has no stories. Has around 36-37K miles on it now. I'm pretty sure he is selling it due to insanity issues. :D

118,000 here mostly track, street and Daily Driving duty! Don't plan a rebuild anytime soon :)
When maintained, these engines are great! Next best thing to an LS engine:rock:

'Moe

No, there are motors that have died with 20k on them, there are others out there with more than 200k miles. Just a roll of the dice

118,000 here mostly track, street and Daily Driving duty! Don't plan a rebuild anytime soon :)
When maintained, these engines are great! Next best thing to an LS engine:rock:

Being it was through several owners I'd give it a very thorough look over with a Viper Truck owner if possible.

No, there are motors that have died with 20k on them, there are others out there with more than 200k miles. Just a roll of the dice

Not a roll of the dice by any means. It's as simple as maintenance and driving once in awhile and not sitting for a decade. Correct oil and level , fuel, and plug changes and maybe a couple sensors here and there but I haven't seen one due an engine from daily driving or weekend warrior duties. ;)
Folks getting cheap oil changes due to the cost of synthetic and using 87 octane because they didn't realize how much fuel these drink is what hurts these engines. Oh ......and Twin screw SC, lol

You have been on the forum long enough to know there had been stock, well maintained trucks to throw a rod or something. It happens. There have been other trucks with Roes or Paxtons for years with no issues.
Its a roll of the dice. Especially when talking about a used truck that has been through multiple owners. You have no clue what the previous owners have done.

IMO, these engines are generally very reliable and long lived. Do failures happen in stock engines? Yes. But not at a higher rate than any other engine built. The Gen III is relatively low output per displacement, and therefore not really subject to a ton of internal stress.

Last edited:
IMO, these engines are generally very reliable and long lived. Do failures happen in stock engines? Yes. But not at a higher rate than any other engine built. The Gen III really is relatively low output per displacement, and therefore not really subject to a ton of internal stress.

Egg- Zachary!

What's changed about it?

For starter this does not have original motor anymore .It use to have air ride .I believe all bolt ons that were on it Cody sold off before he got rid of it .When he had it in PCB before he sold it it had electrical issues .Speedometer was not working in it . It has had a rough past.And Nana raced the crap out of it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back