Anyone remotely close to central PA who knows anything about a paxton install?

BLKSRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Paxton setup thats going to be on the way pretty soon (I hope), Ive been doing alot of reading about the install and it seems pretty simple. But I just figured I would throw this out there to see if anyone was nearby.

Like I said, it seems pretty simple and straightforward and I think I can handle it, but it never hurts to have someone who has done it before!

flchub and santeen both said they could help, but theyre both quite a few miles away lol. Im sure Ill be hitting them up with a few questions tho!! :D

I wont be doing the install right away, I still need to get injectors + a good tune (torrie is taking excellent care of me...) but as soon as all the parts get here Im going to tear into it.

I cant wait to get everything bolted up and see how it runs!
Thanks in advance for any input!

BLKSRT said:
I have a Paxton setup thats going to be on the way pretty soon (I hope), Ive been doing alot of reading about the install and it seems pretty simple. But I just figured I would throw this out there to see if anyone was nearby.

Like I said, it seems pretty simple and straightforward and I think I can handle it, but it never hurts to have someone who has done it before!

flchub and santeen both said they could help, but theyre both quite a few miles away lol. Im sure Ill be hitting them up with a few questions tho!! :D

I wont be doing the install right away, I still need to get injectors + a good tune (torrie is taking excellent care of me...) but as soon as all the parts get here Im going to tear into it.

I cant wait to get everything bolted up and see how it runs!
Thanks in advance for any input!

where at in PA ?

Clearfield specifically.
Small town about 30 mins from State College

Depending on where at exactly, thats not too bad of a haul.

I forgot to mention that Im buying the gas and beer!!

i can be in philly in 15 min - how far are you from the city ?

Im roughly 4 hours from philly. Basically just go from philly to interstate 80 and head west.
I live about 5 min from the interstate but i guess you could still call it 'out in the stix' lol....

While you're waiting. Order the crank pin kit from ROE and get that done. Pinning the crank is the hardest part of the install, only because you got to take off a bunch of shit from the front. I'm assuming it's a used Paxton. Have you downloaded the installation manual from paxton? I had to also order the complete oil feed kit and oil return kit, as my used Paxton didn't include those. What injectors are you going with?

Santeen,
I cant remember if you had offered to help or not, but the setup im getting is from chub, I think he may have volunteered you to help anyway hehehe :dontknow: :D

But I gotta try to get in touch with him sometime today and see if the setup Im getting has the oil feed/return stuff included. Im kinda hoping it does tho...
I havent gotten a crank pin kit yet, I knew I needed one but wasnt sure who sold them lol

I did download the install manual from Paxtons website but I havent had the chance to look it over too thoroughly yet.

And torrie at unleashed suggested using "69lb injectors plus a 2 bar MAP" with his calibrations. He sells the injectors so I was planning on getting them from him unless there is another option Im not aware of. Chub says I could use SRT-4 injectors but for the price I think it may be better just to go with torries (they could be the same thing? I have no idea :dontknow: )

I think I have all my bases covered as far as knowing what parts I need to order but if I left anything out please let me know!

Unless Chub removed his oil pan, you'll need the fitting that goes into the pan. I would just order an new oil return kit from Paxton, it's cheap and it comes with everything you'll need.
Not sure what Torrie is charging for the injectors,but these are the ones that I used:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35869

Chub says he's going to be sending brand new feed/return lines. Ill double check with him when I talk to him again and ask if the fitting is going to be with them also.

As far as the injectors, torrie really didn't say what kind they were, all he said was they are 69lb injectors and he sells them lol.
He put everything together and gave me one price for everything, like a package deal. So I don't have a breakdown of what the individual parts cost. Maybe ill ask him for one

BLKSRT said:
Chub says he's going to be sending brand new feed/return lines. Ill double check with him when I talk to him again and ask if the fitting is going to be with them also.

As far as the injectors, torrie really didn't say what kind they were, all he said was they are 69lb injectors and he sells them lol.
He put everything together and gave me one price for everything, like a package deal. So I don't have a breakdown of what the individual parts cost. Maybe ill ask him for one
Either way you're good. You cant go wrong with Torrie.

What about gauges? I highly recommend the triple gauge pod that Tony sells (it matches our interior), remove the oil temp gauge and install Fuel Pressure, A/F wideband gauge and Boost gauge. Or leave the factor pillar with the oil temp gauge and get the dual gauge steering column pod that Tony sells and install a fuel pressure and A/F wideband gauge. But then you wouldn't have boost gauge.

I was planning on getting guages but I'm not sure which direction I want to go yet.

I sorta want to keep the stock oil temp guage in the A pillar, and I don't know how well I like the steering wheel mount dual gauges.

I have seen some really clean looking 3 guage setups over on the diesel forum so I may consider something that mounts behind the trip-compass-lie-o-meter lol. I'm not sure yet.

I'm definately getting a 3 guage cluster, just not sure what or where yet...

BLKSRT said:
I was planning on getting guages but I'm not sure which direction I want to go yet.

I sorta want to keep the stock oil temp guage in the A pillar, and I don't know how well I like the steering wheel mount dual gauges.

I have seen some really clean looking 3 guage setups over on the diesel forum so I may consider something that mounts behind the trip-compass-lie-o-meter lol. I'm not sure yet.

I'm definately getting a 3 guage cluster, just not sure what or where yet...
GetAttachment-2aspx-7.jpg

GetAttachment-3aspx-7.jpg

here is my 3 guage a pillar cluster!!!!!!

Dom, I like the way your guages look... Like I said I kinda wanted to keep the stock oil temp guage in there, but a setup similar to yours would be sweet...

I pretty much have it narrowed down to something like Doms, OR one of the 3 guage overhead mounts that stink has on his website.

I have a little time to think about it so ill see what happens :D

scoobert said:
damn i grew up south of altoona. now i am in NY but i go that way very often.

Lol I am in Altoona quite a bit myself. I shoot sporting clays fairly often in the summer and there is a really nice range between tyrone and altoona.....

Next time you're gonna be passing thru you should let me know! I would love to get to meet some of you guys and there aren't many opportunities or get togethers around here (that I know of??).

And chub, I am roughly e 2 - 2.5 hours from pittsburgh. Depends where at in pittsburgh I'm going, traffic, and who's driving :D

BLKSRT said:
Lol I am in Altoona quite a bit myself. I shoot sporting clays fairly often in the summer and there is a really nice range between tyrone and altoona.....

Next time you're gonna be passing thru you should let me know! I would love to get to meet some of you guys and there aren't many opportunities or get togethers around here (that I know of??).

And chub, I am roughly e 2 - 2.5 hours from pittsburgh. Depends where at in pittsburgh I'm going, traffic, and who's driving :D

do you ride atv's? i come down to blue knob at least once per year for the ride.

http://www.blueknobfire.4t.com/custom2.html

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back