Anyone remove their K&N Aircharger and reinstall the factory airbox??

Craig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if its a big p.i.t.a. like install was having to go back thru the wheelwell and the whole 9 or if i could get it in there without going through that ordeal... TIA!!

If you want to reinstall those 2 bolts under the wheel well, yes you will have to do all that same shit. Or you could probably leave them out, but I don't know how sturdy that would be.

Bill.

Thanx Bill.... i'm turnin the truck back in i'm sure it could survive without em!!! :D
Begood said:
If you want to reinstall those 2 bolts under the wheel well, yes you will have to do all that same shit. Or you could probably leave them out, but I don't know how sturdy that would be.

Bill.

your turning it in with the other mods though:dontknow:

Craig said:
Just curious if its a big p.i.t.a. like install was having to go back thru the wheelwell and the whole 9 or if i could get it in there without going through that ordeal... TIA!!

Been there,done that and yes, it is just as big of a P.I.T.A. putting the old one back .

Craig said:

I did and used a K&N Drop-In filter instead. It was easy to switch back.

So removing the k&n intake wasn't to difficult?? No bolts on the bottom of the heatshield holding it in??

Craig said:
So removing the k&n intake wasn't to difficult?? No bolts on the bottom of the heatshield holding it in??

The "hardest" part would be accessing a couple of bolts from inside the top of the passenger wheel well.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back