Anyone Replace RB4 with RB1?

SilvrSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who's replaced their RB4 nav unit with the RB1? What was neccesary to make the swap. How do you like the RB1?

Did it a long time ago. Takes $:) and a GPS DVD supplied by dealer. Make sure you add a CD changer as well; otherwise you'll have to choose between the GPS and a CD (DVD disc has to stay in place). Any Alpine changer should work, as the head unit is made by Alpine.

RB1 does not support factory bluetooth (uconnect), but does sirrius or xm.
I have the RBQ and changed to the RB1 and now I am thinking about changing or getting a RB4 to play with.
ebay
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmr.cd1QQhtZ-1
has all kinds of stuff for this and other goodies.
and a great comparison chart for RB1 and RB4
he is selling the rb4 for 300 with all the stuff and free shipping.
I like the RB1 best but want factory uconnect, and I will have to switch and go through a bunch of other crap to do it.

The RB1 does not support factory bluetooth (uconnect),
You can use the after market. uconnect
At least that is what I am told

funny because the caravans come with rb1 with factory uconnect as optional equipment.. i've seen it and used it.. my catalog from dodge doesn't say anything about it not supporting factory uconnect.

Don't forget you can hook up the Mopar IPOD unit to the RB1 and not the RB4. I will be selling my RB4 this week as I just bought an RB1 for the IPOD capability. As for Bluetooth I just wear my ear piece if I want to talk and drive. Personally I hate talking on the phone while I'm driving. Cheers.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back