Anyone to proofread my '05 QC listing?

sirhc76 said:
interior pic of the a pillar cover has SRS, was that an option. The interior was stripped and replaced with standard equipment by the looks of it. The seats have been recovered as pointed out. All the amps and sub are gone and the biggets issue is the carfax report showing the mileage rollback.

Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details
09/11/2006 MD Motor Vehicle Dept. SALVAGE DAMAGED
10/10/2006 EASTERN REGION 14 Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS SALVAGE, EXTENT OF DAMAGE UNKNOWN
01/09/2007 EASTERN REGION 185 Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS SALVAGE, EXTENT OF DAMAGE UNKNOWN
08/14/2007 EASTERN REGION 535 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
08/14/2007 EASTERN REGION 535 Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS SALVAGE, EXTENT OF DAMAGE UNKNOWN
08/27/2007 POTOMAC, MD 185 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:38293612)
SALVAGE

Other than that I would say all looks well. In order for that truck to be written off by the insurance company I would say more than just the enterior was damaged.

aahahhh I knew there had to be summin more to it:D

Maybe it had to have a new cluster too:dontknow:

but when someone does a carfax on it, he may have a hard time getting his asking price:dontknow:

Borden3srt said:
mine has the srs side airbags. they are an option on qc's. not sure what stores the mileage on these. probably replaced cluster like you said.
Doesn't the PCM have the milage in it?

Sounds like more of the interior was replaced (entire dash, seats, door panels, etc...) and more then likely some suspension damage.

The plastic on the carpet could possibly be a new carpet??

Spare tire is dirty and no nub's on it (only 185 miles??) that some bad luck!

The entire underside has paint over spray (look at the resonator and differential cover)....looks like some bodywork ;)

-Red

Patrick hit all the bullet points. The PCM can be set to whatever a person wants. I believe a dealer can tell what the actual mileage is regardless.

sleeper said:
Did it sell?
i doubt it,it would have said so,more than likely it was flagged by ebay or he was actually clueless about how unoriginal his truck actually was and decided to pull it himself:dontknow:

I was reading and looking at the pics of that truck and man, it confuses the hell out of me! Smells fishy! :dontknow:

That truck was seriously damaged. My guess is that it was taken on a violent joy ride and dumped in a lake. That would explain all the things you guys noticed.

Ebay canceled the auction because an AutoCheck report shows the title as being branded which it's not. I've re-listed and explained the problem at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150204222622

As to the comments posted.

the seats are not correct ,not even a power seat,
That is the way I got it. It does have a 6-way power seat with manual recline and lumbar adjustment.

Another small detail I noticed was the viper powered sticker on the tailgate. That is not factory either. Nice add on, I like it but it was not factory.
That's the one thing I added on, think it looks nice to those following. And it wasn't cheap.

if the seats were the onlything ripped off from the truck i doubt the insurance company totals it out
It's a RECOVERED THEFT. The insurance company pays off on it regardless of any damage.

biggets issue is the carfax report showing the mileage rollback.

Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details
09/11/2006 MD Motor Vehicle Dept. SALVAGE DAMAGED
10/10/2006 EASTERN REGION 14 Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS SALVAGE, EXTENT OF DAMAGE UNKNOWN
01/09/2007 EASTERN REGION 185 Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS SALVAGE, EXTENT OF DAMAGE UNKNOWN
08/14/2007 EASTERN REGION 535 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
08/14/2007 EASTERN REGION 535 Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS SALVAGE, EXTENT OF DAMAGE UNKNOWN
08/27/2007 POTOMAC, MD 185 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:38293612)
SALVAGE
When I flipped the salvage title with 185 miles into a regular title on 8/27/07 the DMV put those 185 miles onto it. No rollback.

Why would anyone roll back a vehicle with only 535 miles?
Exactly.

Spare tire is dirty and no nub's on it (only 185 miles??) that some bad luck!
No nub's? Did you see blue and yellow mold marks on the tread that would wear off in the first few miles?

The entire underside has paint over spray (look at the resonator and differential cover)....looks like some bodywork
Thats called undercoating, part of dealer prep. Like I said, no paint or bodywork.

That truck was seriously damaged. My guess is that it was taken on a violent joy ride and dumped in a lake.
Like I said, no damage. Welcome to have a mechanic look at it.

Not to mention he wanted retail price for a salvaged truck
KBB retail is over $40,000. My price is over $10,000 below that.

Thanks for clearing some things up. But those seats are just too weird. And $30K is going to be a tough sell I think. Did you see the super tank advertise for $40K. The resale on these trucks is well below any book price. People are just not willing to pay that much for our trucks.

Best of luck to your sale.

atikovi said:
Ebay canceled the auction because an AutoCheck report shows the title as being branded which it's not. I've re-listed and explained the problem at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150204222622

As to the comments posted.

That is the way I got it. It does have a 6-way power seat with manual recline and lumbar adjustment.

That's the one thing I added on, think it looks nice to those following. And it wasn't cheap.

It's a RECOVERED THEFT. The insurance company pays off on it regardless of any damage.

When I flipped the salvage title with 185 miles into a regular title on 8/27/07 the DMV put those 185 miles onto it. No rollback.

Exactly.

No nub's? Did you see blue and yellow mold marks on the tread that would wear off in the first few miles?

Thats called undercoating, part of dealer prep. Like I said, no paint or bodywork.

Like I said, no damage. Welcome to have a mechanic look at it.

KBB retail is over $40,000. My price is over $10,000 below that.
yet again u relist it and lie to the consumer by not posting that the seats are incorrect and the subwoofer is missing.

why ask us to proof read if u plan on being dishonest reguardless

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back