Anyone want a canvas print of their favorite truck picture???

Texas Yellow Fever said:
One of the capabilities we have in the shop is to replicate paintings. When an artist does a painting and wants several exact duplicates of it, we can do that to the point that sometimes even he can't tell the original form the copies. We use a museum quality printer, 100 year ink, yadda yadda...in that process.

Just so happens that we can also take a digital photo and run it though the same machine and viola, an canvas print of your favorite picture, whether it be a truck, girl, dog, whatever...and we can enlarge it substantially in the process, depending on the quality of the photo. For example, here's an 18" X 24" canvas print of the picture Hazman did for me way back when. The picture file I used is a sceen print of the one he did on this site and it still turned out great.

We do a lot of these for wedding pictures, graduation pictures such like that...They aren't very expensive, about $50 for the cavas print, $75 if we stretch them on a wooden frame. This one hasn't been put on a stretch frome yet (obviously) but we will do that over the weekend.

Passed on to a few LX Guys, I'll let you know

Jeff

The first several of these finally did ship out today. When you guys get them, if the canvas has stretched at all let me know and I'll tell you how to fix it. I'll really be interested in your reactions to these, I think they're cool as shit.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
The first several of these finally did ship out today. When you guys get them, if the canvas has stretched at all let me know and I'll tell you how to fix it. I'll really be interested in your reactions to these, I think they're cool as shit.
got mine today, turned out awesome !!!! :rock:

btw, how to stretch the canvas please....... :)

moparracing said:
got mine today, turned out awesome !!!! :rock:

btw, how to stretch the canvas please....... :)
:congrats: :congrats: Mine look great also :rock:

Thank You!
Quick

I'm glad you guys like them, I was very pleased with them when they went out...:D When you get them hung up, post some pics!

To re-stretch the canvas turn the print over and support it on all four corners, a few inches off the table so that it will get good air circulation all around it. Spray a fine mist of water on the back of the canvas, then let it completely dry. You may have to repeat the process a couple of times, but it will ultimately stretch it good and tight and they will stay that way.

Last edited:
Steve, probably posted previously in this thread but I missed it, what is the size on this item. I want one but am going to wait for my next mod to be completed before I make the order (next week).

ccfeyh said:
Steve, probably posted previously in this thread but I missed it, what is the size on this item. I want one but am going to wait for my next mod to be completed before I make the order (next week).

Carl,
Most of the ones we do are 18" X 24", but they can really be any size. The roll of canvas that we print on is 40" wide and 150 feet long so we can do what ever size you want as long as the quality of the picture will allow us to blow it up to the size you want. The quality of the picture is normally the limiting factor in this and everything else we do.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Carl,
Most of the ones we do are 18" X 24", but they can really be any size. The roll of canvas that we print on is 40" wide and 150 feet long so we can do what ever size you want as long as the quality of the picture will allow us to blow it up to the size you want. The quality of the picture is normally the limiting factor in this and everything else we do.

The 18 X 24 will be fine, my default print size on photos from my camera are 54" X "36" so resolution is no problem. I'll send you a picture hopefully next Friday 4/10.

ccfeyh said:
The 18 X 24 will be fine, my default print size on photos from my camera are 54" X "36" so resolution is no problem. I'll send you a picture hopefully next Friday 4/10.

Sounds good. If you want something larger, sounds like your camera will support that, so just let us know when you order it and we'll make it whatever you want it to be.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I'm glad you guys like them, I was very pleased with them when they went out...:D When you get them hung up, post some pics!

To re-stretch the canvas turn the print over and support it on all four corners, a few inches off the table so that it will get good air circulation all around it. Spray a fine mist of water on the back of the canvas, then let it completely dry. You may have to repeat the process a couple of times, but it will ultimately stretch it good and tight and they will stay that way.
good to know on the re-stretch, thanks again. :rock:

Attachments

• P1000136.JPG
    P1000136.JPG
    935.6 KB · Views: 30
  • P1000138.JPG
    P1000138.JPG
    797.9 KB · Views: 27
moparracing said:
good to know on the re-stretch, thanks again. :rock:

The way I packed those I was afraid the canvas might get stretched out of whack, it's easy enough to fix though. Glad it turned out for you, it looks like it got a prominent place on the wall...:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back