Appraisal

06mineralvenom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to carmax to get the 10 appraised and i was very surprised at the value they gave me....27000 on the odometer when i pulled in...2006....and they only offered me $19000!!!!! lol really? 19000 for a limited low production rare truck...

you are lucky they offered you that much honestly heard a lot of low numbers offered for these trucks including last time i went to look at a new truck and the guy offered me on mine even though i wasnt selling mine.

Carmax is a ripoff... few years back I was gonna sell them a car. They offered me $6000 and i told them they were smoking crack. month later I sold it at another dealership for $10000.

thats just crazy...they low ball offer you but then by next week they are selling it for 25% more than what they gave you....then they tell me they don't use kbb or nada they use the black book value...:chain: all the dealer ships

Ya ever watch pawn stars.... Carmax is the same way

There not in the business of giving people a fair amount, it's about the dollars they can get on the resale. They would offer zero if they could find the sucker to agree

19k is actually really good and if they have a car you really want, you could probably get them to add another 1k or so and personally, getting them to add even another 1k to your value will help others of us. As many have said, the reason the value of our trucks is so low is because we as a community have allowed ourselves to settle for lowball trade-in values just to move on to another vehicle. We are the majority shareholders for these trucks as we own more than any dealerships do, but we are in essence selling our stock low instead of driving the price up.

19k is actually really good and if they have a car you really want, you could probably get them to add another 1k or so and personally, getting them to add even another 1k to your value will help others of us. As many have said, the reason the value of our trucks is so low is because we as a community have allowed ourselves to settle for lowball trade-in values just to move on to another vehicle. We are the majority shareholders for these trucks as we own more than any dealerships do, but we are in essence selling our stock low instead of driving the price up.

Well said but dont you mean the stealership not dealership lol hey how did you get your build number let me know thanx

I emailed ViperJeff, he manages the registry that tracks and records all the information on our trucks. I gave him my VIN and he was able to pull the information.

I traded my first 10 in May of 2007 for $27,700. It was an 04 with 37k miles on it. I own an identical truck with 15k less miles now and it's worth much less than that. How can this happen? I blame Obama. :D

thats just crazy...they low ball offer you but then by next week they are selling it for 25% more than what they gave you....then they tell me they don't use kbb or nada they use the black book value...:chain: all the dealer ships

Crazy part was that they had the same car for sell at other carmax's with 80k to 100k miles and in worse condition and were selling them for $11k-$12k. My car only had 35K and was in mint condition and they only offered me $6k. I told them they were smoking crack and they weren't gonna make $5k-$6k off me! Glad I found dealership that was fair and gave me $10k. They sold my car a month later for $11,500.

Crazy part was that they had the same car for sell at other carmax's with 80k to 100k miles and in worse condition and were selling them for $11k-$12k. My car only had 35K and was in mint condition and they only offered me $6k. I told them they were smoking crack and they weren't gonna make $5k-$6k off me! Glad I found dealership that was fair and gave me $10k. They sold my car a month later for $11,500.

That is a reasonable and fair turn around IMO. That is a dealership I would not be afraid to do business with again. They aren't trying to make a fortune on one deal. :D

I find patience usually gets you closer to the price you want. I have had dealers tell me that they could never meet the price I wanted, blah blah blah. A week goes by and I get a call and they can do the deal. They want to make as much money as possible and figure when you are in the door they have you and eventually you will fold and pay more for a car than you should.

Just my opinion on the matter.

I found my srt10 9hrs away....I checked it over,had them put it on a lift and felt pretty comfortable buying it...made about 7 grand on my trade in with a good price for the 10 also...then i seen my trade in on the company's site for 1600 over what they gave me on trade i felt even better!!!...It was hard seeing my old truck forsale!!!....

Here in Belgium a good 10 sell for 30 to 35K $

only QC , RC dont sell here at all...

Why does the RC not sell? I did notice when I was stationed in Germany that all around Europe 4 door cars and station wagons are more popular than in the states.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back