attention engine builders on this site

Actually not a bad idea. There's a lot of us that may be doing this. Im sure a basic quote is possible. Lets say pistons, rods and bearings and whatever else should go with it.

just in parts your looking at about 5k for a basic setup like mine rods/pistons/rings/push rods. then just work your way up from there. Labor depends who and where.

doing mine just like Johnny Cash built that caddy ,,,one peice at a time ,,

if your talking just parts no labor ,,,your looking at $3000 to $4000,,,

thats rods
rod bearings
mains
pistons and pins
rings
gasket set

this does not include any machine work ,,,

fastestbrickonearth said:
and how u want the engine striped down or whole
who me:confused: how many miles are on your truck? and why do you think it is hurt, what is hurt about it in your mind. This I would need to know.

Ironhead said:
doing mine just like Johnny Cash built that caddy ,,,one peice at a time ,,

if your talking just parts no labor ,,,your looking at $3000 to $4000,,,

thats rods
rod bearings
mains
pistons and pins
rings
gasket set

this does not include any machine work ,,,
your about a grand low and thats with what I used k1 and wiseco.

it has 19 thousand on it. started making some noise and smoking but both of those symptoms come and go it will go back to sounding normal and not smoking and then back to the noise and smoking

For a basic build pistons rods billet mains. Plan on around 5k plus labor. Pm stinker for any quotes. He can hook ya up!:D

look at roes sight ,,,he has a kit for doing lower end for around 2800 ,,does not include gasket ,,,sounds like you got the ol shocker for an extra grand lol ,,:D

IF YOU REPLACE CAM AND LIFTERS ITS ANOTHER GRAND ,,,if you want the best of the best ,,,or need larger rings or bearings because of machine work you will easy hit 6 grand

Last edited:
fastestbrickonearth said:
it has 19 thousand on it. started making some noise and smoking but both of those symptoms come and go it will go back to sounding normal and not smoking and then back to the noise and smoking
Ok when did it start and did you do anything to it before it started. It is almost like a knocking but closer to a tick?

ok so im starting to get a 5 grand opinion from most on parts. what about machine and labor work i can put the heads intake and stuff on at home

first take it to a very reputible shop, not joes back yard fiasco,

get a leak down test done, and pull some oil and get an oil analysis done,

go from there, those two things will tell you most of what you need to know.

you are jsut going to worry yourself with numbers until then,

jsut plain out figure 10k jsut for the bottom end for a proffessional job, another couple for head job.

but get it checked first, then worry.

just driving like i always do shifting around 3 to 4.5. it kinda sounded top end to me but i pulled my covers off no broken springs or bent push rods

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back