attention engine builders on this site

No Ironside was right I ordered some other stuff so about 3-4 for just rods and pistons. Heads leave alone unless it is a valve problem. its better to have it together some places (me or other shops) run the motor on an engine dyno. 1. to make sure nothing is wrong with the motor. 2.make sure nothing is wrong with the motor.and 3. to make sure nothing is wrong with the motor and to cover my ass:p and I believe that was like 350/hr of engine dyno time (thats only because I know the guy:marchmellow:) otherwise it can run twice that.

the big problem is its like house repairs ,,,it dont matter how much budget is set at ,,,YOU WILL GO OVER IT ,,as you tear down you will find stuff you will want to do to improve it more and more ,,,if you budget 10 gr then you will be safe ,,,

it depends on what set up you are using, everyone seems to get differnt numberss,dont stress too much on the numbers, the percentage of leakdown is what should concern you.

10% or so really is aobut a norm, with a 5% variance from cylinder to cylinder,

now too you have to consider any leakage past the valves also , but yours being low mileage should no have a prob there, if you show a large percentage on one and the rest are close, then you have found at least the cylinder that has the problem

pistons $1500 depending
coating $500 or less
rods if I can find the K1 rods $800 or less
bearings $500 or less
gaskets $450
billet mains $800 or less
honing for mains $1000or less

jsut randon pricing

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
pistons $1500 depending
coating $500 or less
rods if I can find the K1 rods $800 or less
bearings $500 or less
gaskets $450
billet mains $800 or less
honing for mains $1000or less

jsut randon pricing
K1 quit making rods or steel problem?

i did 2 cylinders that night i got 20 on one and thirty on another i guess i gotta do them all. is there any chance this could be a lifter or valve seat

first take it to a very reputible shop, not joes back yard fiasco,

get a leak down test done, and pull some oil and get an oil analysis done,

go from there, those two things will tell you most of what you need to know.

you are jsut going to worry yourself with numbers until then,

jsut plain out figure 10k jsut for the bottom end for a proffessional job, another couple for head job.

but get it checked first, then worry.

at first glance you think $20, but then you get married and realize it really costs you everything

how much to hone just my rod stink ,,,:D ya i know uncalled for :eek:

Engine Build

Just call Sean, at Roe Racing. He won't do you wrong.Hell you might even want to add a few extras onthe build.:rock: :rock: :rock:

505'sFastestViper. said:
an 8 cost less then a thousand and a ten is a lot more then that its called viper tax get use to it;)

Boy oh boy have I figured this out. :D and I thought it was exspensive to build a Pontiac or my olds!

fastestbrickonearth said:
i did 2 cylinders that night i got 20 on one and thirty on another i guess i gotta do them all. is there any chance this could be a lifter or valve seat
they have just been a pain to get lately, k1 got in three sets, and I got al three, an they sold before I go them here

fastestbrickonearth said:
what makes these motors so hard to build urself other than 10 instead of 8 lol
nothing, two extra cylinders, two extra rods, bearings, valves, so on , two xtra of everything , plus crank is longer most dont have the dowls to do v-10 cranks and its expensive to buy jsut for one build

nothing, two extra cylinders, two extra rods, bearings, valves, so on , two xtra of everything , plus crank is longer most dont have the dowls to do v-10 cranks and its expensive to buy jsut for one build

He is very correct on that (extra weights to balance V-10 crank).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back