Auto Rod Technologies Parts Runner

Discussion in 'Viper Truck Builds - Project Logs/Recent Mods' started by autorodtechnologies, May 27, 2014.

1. Arska2

Arska2 EU Moderator

A lot Attention to technical details, which i like a lot !

This is what makes the Forum so important for the normal builts like mine.

It is People that go beyond the normal Limits and take it to the next Level.

Have fun and really looking for the next steps in your built.

Thanks and have fun !

2. 10-1=9

10-1=9 Full Access Member

My your handy!

3. fastestbrickonearth

fastestbrickonearth Full Access Member

Looking good

4. autorodtechnologies

autorodtechnologies Full Access Member

Glad you guys like it, wasn't sure if you guys would like the idea of cutting into a SRT, I'll keep posting pictures as I progress. Hopefully fairly quick, I don't want this project to linger on to long, I want to have it finished this summer. Easier said than done though.

5. ZCx

ZCx Active Member Supporting Member

sweeeeet:rock::rock::rock:

if it would be a help, looks like your goin to need a bump steer kit.

Tony @ JTSV can fix ya up. he's one of our vendors here:rock:

6. MOD(S)QUAD

MOD(S)QUAD Full Access Member

Impressive , and good craftsmanship !!! :)

7. SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW Active Member Supporting Member

great job.

8. VENOMOUS1 RACING

VENOMOUS1 RACING Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!

Nah we don't mind a different style Viper Truck! I think it's gonna be beautiful. Are you going Mineral Grey?

9. 10-1=9

10-1=9 Full Access Member

Not my thing but very COOL. Like mine low but that's sick. Just so I can get in & out without climbing up or down.

10. LightningRaper

LightningRaper Full Access Member

Looks awesome

11. bmxam962

bmxam962 Full Access Member

Very nice work man glad to see someone getting away from what everyone else is doing. Your truck will be unique for sure. How come such a plan color for such a custom build?

12. stealth78

stealth78 Full Access Member

Congrats on a cool build, lots of work there! Not my style, but cool. It does hurt a little seeing a 10 chopped up but with that being said I do love Justin/Dom's build, that one is more my style though.

13. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 Active Member Supporting Member

Damn that thing is low! Very nice! Can't wait to see it progress even more!

14. ViperJeff

ViperJeff Misanthrope Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

If you want, send me the last eight of the VIN and I'll show it customized by Auto Rod Technologies on the Viper Truck Registry

15. Theol55

Theol55 VTCoA Board

Nice Work

16. autorodtechnologies

Thanks I'll try to keep things going, was hoping to work on it yesterday and today but haven't been able to get to it,, kinda hard to squeeze into the daily work routine.

17. autorodtechnologies

Got one with my control arms, we decided to do some fine tuning to the front suspension to, decided to put in taller UCA mounts so it doesn't camber so quickly, and it will also keep the UCA more level at ride height, after these adjustments it should be pretty close to where it needs to be.

Nothing is ever easy when doing custom work like this, their can be a lot of fine tuning. but we are gaining on it and should get it fairly soon.

18. autorodtechnologies

To answer both of you're questions.. No it's not Mineral Grey, it is fairly similar though, I forgot what code I went with I had like 12 that I was trying to decide between.

And the reason I went with something simple is that for the most part on this truck I want it to appear fairly stock, I don't want something I am going to get harassed with or something that will draw attention from a loud paint job.

I also have had quite a few vehicles with either custom paint jobs or a bright color and I tend to get a little tired of them quicker..
    Also a big part of my business is paint sales and I mix a lot of different colors and have made a lot of custom colors for people and after seeing and working with so many different colors I wanted something really basic, and easy to fix if something happens, I plan to drive this a lot more than my last truck so things could happen..

NOW with all of that being said, I stopped by a shop last week and they had a jeep in there with a really bright blue,, something similar to ford Grabber blue and it has really been tempting me.. But then I'm back to a loud attention grabbing color, and I just don't want to get tired of it.. I have two gallons of the color mixed up now and I keep thinking about that blue.. So you never know with me, things may change.. lol.

19. autorodtechnologies

Would it hurt more if I told you that the last time out it hit 10,000 miles when I got home and that's when I decided to tear it apart? lol..

The truck does have a salvage title though, from what I can tell it was wrecked when new and at the time parts for this truck were very expensive so it went to storage. In the process of them doing the rebuild they did a few things I wasn't happy with so therefore by doing this it gives me a chance to fix everything that is wrong on the truck and make it right.

They put a full frame on the truck and did a good job, I checked all of the vin numbers on it and everything is original except for the frame and front body panels, the cab or bed wasn't touched in the accident, but the frame was hit pretty good so they replaced it.. The only cab damage was the front rail damage so it was really minor. I don't mind after market parts but everything was factory except for fenders so I decided to buy original fenders instead of stripping the aftermarket ones to bare metal and starting over.

a few components up front are damaged, such as the fan shroud so that will be getting upgraded as well, but after tearing it down I am pretty happy that their is such little damage, and what is damaged is fairly easy fixes, they welded on a few brackets to the frame for SRT stuff so the frame was not SRT but I don't mind that one bit, I work on cars for a living and everything is getting fixed right.

The interior even smells like it is brand new with no dirt on anything so it was properly stored.

20. autorodtechnologies

Will do,, never looked at the registry, will have to check it out,, wonder if it has ever been registered.