auto tranny question

scherershow

Reaction score
Ok I just bought a 2005 qc with 15750 miles on it and want to know when to do tranny service as well as any other drivetrain services. I notice it shifts quickly from first to second, then into third but i dont think there is a problem. It doesn't do it when i get on it just ease into it. I dont have any problems when i get on it, it drops right down and chirps second with no problem. I just know that there haven't been alot of miles put on it and know that isn't always a good thing when they sit!

thanks
matt

Yea these trannys like to have band adjustments often. And the 1st, 2nd gear can be fixed with the GM solnoid upgrade and valve body or shift kit. Your tranny will love you if you do it when you do your next tranny service. VERY worth the money IMO

The front band is used to adjust the second gear cluster and the rear band is connected to the third gear cluster. The Dodge manufacturers suggest the time period of 24 months or 24,000 miles before an adjustment will be needed.

I think thats how they shift mines goes through 1st and 2nd quick when i stomp it but shift like a luxury vehicle when i cruise it.

Yea these trannys like to have band adjustments often. And the 1st, 2nd gear can be fixed with the GM solnoid upgrade and valve body or shift kit. Your tranny will love you if you do it when you do your next tranny service. VERY worth the money IMO

The front band is used to adjust the second gear cluster and the rear band is connected to the third gear cluster. The Dodge manufacturers suggest the time period of 24 months or 24,000 miles before an adjustment will be needed.

Rare is bang on!! I recommend the valve body over shift kit.

mine starts within the 2nd gear, but still it doesn't creates much problem to me. even though i consulted a professional he said no need for up-gradation for 1st and 2nd gears.

drakelouis29 said:
mine starts within the 2nd gear, but still it doesn't creates much problem to me. even though i consulted a professional he said no need for up-gradation for 1st and 2nd gears.

If urs is starting in second gear, consult a different professional. That's not normal. :)

A real good tranny guy to talk to is Dusty Hawk, he won't try to sell you anything you won't need,excellent guy to deal with.
htstransmissions.com/index.html

I think I'm going to get an HTS tranny when I get back from my deployment, got the idea from your truck, figured you wouldn't run something that was crap. Had called Suncoast tranny but the guy who answered was a dumbass and they never called me back.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back