Auto trans gear indicator malfunction

MDA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been having issues with the indicator not always showing the correct gear. Today it decides to not want to show park or neutral. After a few minutes of cycling through all gears, it finally showed neutral and started. When I got home it went indicated park with no problems. Has anyone had this issue or know what needs to be replaced???

You can adjust the shift cable. I had to do that to mine too. It adjust just like the valve body cable on the throttle body i believe

Would the cable have anything to do with the indicator? It will cycle through all gears fine. It just doesn't like indicating park or neutral. I heard someone mention a prndl switch but can't find anything about it.

You need to adjust the linkage one part is under the dash and then the other is under the hood. I have the same problem every now and then, I asked on here but didn't get a reply. I read a How-To on SRT10 forum but if you don't know what your looking for it's difficult to get

Yours won't show N though? That is akward

Would the cable have anything to do with the indicator? It will cycle through all gears fine. It just doesn't like indicating park or neutral. I heard someone mention a prndl switch but can't find anything about it.

Yea one small adjustment will do the trick

Thanks for the info guys. I'll give this a try tomorrow. Hope it works.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back