automatic trans

tn big jeff

Reaction score
and hoi have a 2005 qc automatic the problem im having is it is shifting the first time to fast it shifts at 10 15 miles per hour how can i make it not shift until 25 or 30 the first time . can you adjust it by moving the cables on the throttle body if so how thanks.and what is the best way to level my truck without hirting the ride and were can i get the parts from thanks

Last edited:
try getting a tune through torrie.....other than that...do a shift kit and adjust your bands...

You can get the Pulley from Rotten Ronnie, and Go with the Transgo shiftkit GET IT THROUGH JTSVP!!!!

And no my name isn't Troy but look at my sig hahaha

My auto trans was doing the opposite. It wouldn't shift under part throttle until 3000 rpms. Hoping it is just an adjustment needed of the TV cable.

with the miles on it it , I would double check the cable adjsutment, and adjust it correctly, and change out the governor solenoid, and adjust the bands, and see hwo it performs afterwards

Mine has always shifted from 1-2 at about 10 mph unless I'm standing on it.
Thought it was normal with a 4.56 gear.
By the way,Tony the 2500 stall converter and transgo are AWESOME.:rock: :rock: :rock:

1fast10 said:
You can get the Pulley from Rotten Ronnie, and Go with the Transgo shiftkit GET IT THROUGH JTSVP!!!!

And no my name isn't Troy but look at my sig hahaha

ha ha i see you got one past on me fatty!

I've got a Trans go Shift kit i'll send for free... shipping only unless its cheap. I'm offshore so who knows when that will be... Maybe a week or 2.

if you're having an issue with it shifting from 1st to 2nd then 2nd to 1st under light throttle (hunting for gears) sounds like a govenor solenoid/transducer. (which at your mileage i would change either way) otherwise it sounds like a normal shift you can adjust your throttle cable for later shifts here's a link for the proper adjustment http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23792

Would this be what you are talking about? Transmission Control Solenoid?

I ask because mine is starting to do the same thing so I tried looking up govenor solenoid/transducer and could not find it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back