autotrans up and down shifting

ndn01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dontknow: these past couple of days i have been running my 06 qc w/9000mi on a 120mi round trip on some back roads ,asphalt and long striaghts,and holding speeds at 100mph and 125mph on short bursts for about a minute. i am experiencing different,inconsitance,or bad shifting in the autotrans. slowing down for stop sign it drop down two gears and on moderate take off it doubled shift up and seem to be stuck and would not shift up, i been babying this truck from the get go and now that i am driving it with more attitude it wants to sissy out. maybe trans fliud getting too hot but this truck was built for speed and performance.the truck is stock other than k&n filter in stock box

The auto transmissions are crap, IMO.... I've been having problems with mine too in my '05 (17000 miles). They shift "funny" anyway.... But, it sounds like yours is beginning to go south. :dontknow: Take her into the dealer.

Mine shifts funny too. Especially when it is hot. Coming back from the GTG tonight was really funky shifting!!

ntw0rk said:
Mine shifts funny too. Especially when it is hot. Coming back from the GTG tonight was really funky shifting!!

fluid level and heat f up these trans.....a 3qrt larger pan will really help

This damn tranny..... for me it only seems to shift properly if i'm hard on the throttle or just barely pushing it. If i try to give it a quarter throttle it will act retarted and it will go, 1-2-3-2-3-4 :mad::mad::mad::mad: The worst is when it tries to drop 2 gears @ WOT,,, :hmpf:

What i've learned is that if you city drive Tow/Haul is your friend. Then when you get up in revs in 3rd just click the button!

Nowwhat said:
fluid level and heat f up these trans.....a 3qrt larger pan will really help

Agreed. 240 bucks for deep tranny pan. added 5 quarts to mine

Deibs said:
This damn tranny..... for me it only seems to shift properly if i'm hard on the throttle or just barely pushing it. If i try to give it a quarter throttle it will act retarted and it will go, 1-2-3-2-3-4 :mad::mad::mad::mad: The worst is when it tries to drop 2 gears @ WOT,,, :hmpf:

What i've learned is that if you city drive Tow/Haul is your friend. Then when you get up in revs in 3rd just click the button!

I agree! :mad:

At this point... I WILL buy either a RC, or a 2nd gen GTS...... :dontknow: ;) :D

I miss being in control, and being able to shift when I want to. :)

Shifting is a pain in the ass!! They shift wierd/It is what it is.Tow/haul
does give you some control over the sloppy gear shifts.After my 15k service to adjust the bands mine seems a whole lot better.Chirps 2nd with ease!!
Gotta love that!!

get a six speed, takes more skill than just using right foot:rock: :rock: :rock:

all my reasons for checking into HP shift kits/HP valve body replacement and deeper trans pan for easier draining of fluid

stick said:
get a six speed, takes more skill than just using right foot:rock: :rock: :rock:

But we don't want our trucks to be slower!:p :rock:

ndn01 said:
:dontknow: these past couple of days i have been running my 06 qc w/9000mi on a 120mi round trip on some back roads ,asphalt and long striaghts,and holding speeds at 100mph and 125mph on short bursts for about a minute. i am experiencing different,inconsitance,or bad shifting in the autotrans. slowing down for stop sign it drop down two gears and on moderate take off it doubled shift up and seem to be stuck and would not shift up, i been babying this truck from the get go and now that i am driving it with more attitude it wants to sissy out. maybe trans fliud getting too hot but this truck was built for speed and performance.the truck is stock other than k&n filter in stock box

Your guys are right When It hella Humid outside It shifts like crap. I just got back from safeway about 9:00 Pm Bay area time withg cool weather and it runs Like a dragster now with firm shifts.:rock:

Black1 said:
I agree! :mad:

At this point... I WILL buy either a RC, or a 2nd gen GTS...... :dontknow: ;) :D

I miss being in control, and being able to shift when I want to. :)

I agree on the 2nd gen GTS part, a RC is not useful to me. I need the room for people and the towing capabilities.

deeper pan, adjust the bands and change fluid and filter and see how it does.

Mag-Hytec and PML make excellent deep transmission pans.

Bone I was told you had extensive or a bullet proofing done to your transmission ---could you give some detail as to what you had done---thanks

Thanks Flyinglow---that post refferal was very good

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back