Aviation Pictures

Living next to Wright Patterson AFB and the Air Force museum is great. I have been lucky to see some of the planes on exhibit arrive.

They make great background when they are not protecting us. Hats off to pilots, and their flight crews...except for the guys that fluff your pillows now instead of the hot chicks of the past.

PlaneTruckSig-2.jpg

great photos:rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats:

wouldn't it be great to be able to wonder through the airplane graveyard???:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

does anyone remember hearin about a B-52 pilot that flew his plane like a fighter???? remember hearin that he would pop rivits out of the skin & crashed doin real hard left turn, left wing was supposed to have hit the ground/object. looked like he was buzzin the tower.:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Love Jets

can't get enough

b2-0.jpg

One of these flew over when we played Virginia Tech, simply awesome in person, looks like a UFO..

WAZZSUP said:
Nothing like being at a cruise-in when the 52's are making a visit.

When I was an Airtraffic Controller in the Air Force and I was working Tower I used to love to Watch the B-52's do an Elephant Walk. I was trying to find one of these on Utube but coudln't anyway they would take all of the Bombers and taxi them up and down the taxiway while they rotated on their landing gears. Most people don't know the the B-52 can rotate on the it's landing gears while it's landing or taxing. It's pretty cool to watch!!:D

Rockin Ronnie said:
When I was an Airtraffic Controller in the Air Force and I was working Tower I used to love to Watch the B-52's do an Elephant Walk. I was trying to find one of these on Utube but coudln't anyway they would take all of the Bombers and taxi them up and down the taxiway while they rotated on their landing gears. Most people don't know the the B-52 can rotate on the it's landing gears while it's landing or taxing. It's pretty cool to watch!!:D

It is very cool to watch them land from the end of the runway

Where did you get to see elephant walks

I got to see them at Minor AFB

Jeff

Cool pics. I love to fly... wish I still had time. Got my civilian private pilots liscence when I was 17... been around rotary wing ever since:trytofly:

Back in the days when there was a Rockwell, I was working one day very late in Palmdale. I was walking out with a couple contractors between the final assembly building and the flight test building, when one of our pilots practicing for an open house the next day, Flew a B-1B bomber with full sweep on the wings right between the two buildngs about 20-30 feet off the deck.

He was so close you felt like you were on fire due to the exhaust. We sat down on the concrete with our hands over our ears and watched him do it about 5 times. One of the most awesome things I have ever seen in 38 years working in aerospace.

image023.jpg

are these planes.....forking???

maybe this should be in the offensive section

CarolinaSRT10 said:
That would take the fun right out it.

What don't you like about flying......the actual flying part.......or the dealing with commercial aviation part?

Or trusting your life to something you designed. :D

Lee
If he is anything like his son it's the flaming spiral of death plunge from 35,000 that is unappetizing :D

TheSickness said:
If he is anything like his son it's the flaming spiral of death plunge from 35,000 that is unappetizing :D
Hell, that's the fun part.

Great pics guys, thank you.

Bill.

ViperJeff said:
It is very cool to watch them land from the end of the runway

Where did you get to see elephant walks

I got to see them at Minor AFB

Jeff
K.I Sawyer on the U.P. We lovingly called it K.I Siberia!:D

TheSickness said:

I was on a chartered jet going to Fort Irwin,CA from Fort Stewart,GA during Desert Shield (just before Desert Storm) when one of the older NCOs had a heart attack.

We did the death plunge (seemingly straight down at the time) to an airport near Dallas (DFW Int ?) to get him to a hospital.:rock: :D

Way cool !!

HOT RAM said:
I was on a chartered jet going to Fort Irwin,CA from Fort Stewart,GA during Desert Shield (just before Desert Storm) when one of the older NCOs had a heart attack.

We did the death plunge (seemingly straight down at the time) to an airport near Dallas (DFW Int ?) to get him to a hospital.:rock: :D

Way cool !!
My wife is so afraid of flying that she would have had a heart attack during the death plunge. When we were flying back from Cancun we hit a little turbulence. The guy sitting on the isle was sweating bullets. My wife was white knuckled and cutting off the circulation in my arm. And I was shouting "Woo Hooo!" as the plane jumped up and down. I was sitting at the window watching the wing flex up and down.
HOT RAM said:
Alright ,great pics

now,where is the SR-71 pics ????????
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=sr-71&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Last edited:
My first time on a jet was a white-knuckle ride
but I actually like flying know !

Would love to get my license and a little Cessna or something,just for fun

here is a good one. as fast & beautiful as the Black Bird, in a bomber version:rock: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

• ECN-792.jpg
    ECN-792.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 29
  • ECN-1814.jpg
    ECN-1814.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 31
  • B-17G%20Aluminum%20Overcast-03.jpg
    B-17G%20Aluminum%20Overcast-03.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 20
  • putt.jpg
    putt.jpg