Aviation Pictures

100_0349-1.jpg

drove from california to new york, dropped one off loaded this one up and drove back. Long fooking trip

airforce001.jpg

after a 2 year restore a fuel valve caused this

IMG_0103.jpg

my dads bosses plane, use to be owned by the blond dude from the show Chips

IMG_0167.jpg

norden bomb sight from my flight in a B-17

IMG_0176.jpg

me in the bomb chair

IMG_0383-1.jpg

motor i was putting in

IMG_0465.jpg

OOPS!!!! was going to do the recovery of this one but insurance wanted someone else to do it, ohhh well :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

P1210088.jpg

another engine install, all i did was the plug wires and heads :D

P2030008-1.jpg

My plane, almost done :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

P3220026.jpg

just a cool sunset. hey Silverback, when was the last time u seen one of those :p

P9030002.jpg

my cousins project at work, belongs to the dude who owns Oracle. best mustang i have ever seen and i have seen a bunch.

IMG_0438-1.jpg

and whats a picture thread on this forum with out a viper motor

Sunsets here in the festering shit hole is when the sky goes from light gray to dark gray.

Nice pictures Kev.:rock:

Oh yeah Kevan! I got you beat....I fly on the fastest Turbo Prop known to man....Beeyotch!:D:D:D

I got waaaayyyy more...the last pic was a 10 hour trip over the Atlantic. We were flying to Iraq....I love watching the Sun rise at FL 240. It is just beautiful when you get to sit in the Flight Station!:rock: :rock: :rock:

I love my flying job...hate the rest of it.;)

Ohhh....that is me trying to stick my finger in the TACCO's ear....Ofcourse I have lost some weight since then.:)

Attachments

• DSCF0050.JPG
    DSCF0050.JPG
    410.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF0041.JPG
    DSCF0041.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
A few more....:)

(The last pic is one of my beloved patches that I wear every time I fly...The Pilots know how to fly but without us they would be lost. We don't have computers to save their ass, instead they train enlisted men to be computers.;) )

I may not be the smartest man alive but I love my airplane and know more about it than most know about themselves....:rock:

Attachments

• DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0039.JPG
    DSCF0039.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF0107.JPG
    DSCF0107.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    394.7 KB · Views: 22
BTW...for those that don't know...this plane is based on the Lockheed Electra. It is slightly shorter but very versatile. This plane was designed without the supercomputers of today. It was introduced in the early '60s and is still flying today. The 737 is supposed to replace her and I will lose my job...but hopefully I can hang on until I retire in 2018.;)

If not, at least I can say I was a United States Naval Flight Engineer. I am damn proud of it too!!!!:D:D:D

KRAZYSRT10 said:
BTW...for those that don't know...this plane is based on the Lockheed Electra. It is slightly shorter but very versatile. This plane was designed without the supercomputers of today. It was introduced in the early '60s and is still flying today. The 737 is supposed to replace her and I will lose my job...but hopefully I can hang on until I retire in 2018.;)

If not, at least I can say I was a United States Naval Flight Engineer. I am damn proud of it too!!!!:D:D:D

I was going to say they won't need your sorry ass with the new P-8A. ;) :D

Silverback said:
I was going to say they won't need your sorry ass with the new P-8A. ;) :D

I HATE YOUR GUTZ!!!!:mad: :( :eek: No I don't....but it still hurts.....Damn P-8!!!:mad:

KRAZYSRT10 said:
I HATE YOUR GUTZ!!!!:mad: :( :eek: No I don't....but it still hurts.....Damn P-8!!!:mad:

And I don't blame you Kris. However it's the way of the future and not a thing we can do about it.:(

Silverback said:
And I don't blame you Kris. However it's the way of the future and not a thing we can do about it.:(

Well....there was the P-7....F-ing Boeing!!! Stole my future!:mad: BTW...do you think they will be hiring in about 10 years???:D :D :D

Oh...for those that are wondering...the plane in my pictures are the P-3 Orion. She's my other baby. She is getting old though....it is very hard to keep her flying but I thank my maintainers everyday and do everything I can to help. I am the Systems Expert on-board so I have some say on what goes down during maintenance and during flight!;)

We ain't dead yet...:p

Attachments

• DSCF0036.JPG
    DSCF0036.JPG
    386.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 21
I'm sorry everyone...I just love her sooooo much. She made sure I made it home safely and I have never depended so much on a piece of machinery like I did her. Nor did my family....:) She may be old but she has found a place in my heart....just like the Aircraft Carrier did when I started this journey...;)

Kris they fly P3s out of Selfridge ANG base near me everyday. When we were in our old location, we were right in the flight path so they flew over us all the time.

Bill.

Begood said:
Kris they fly P3s out of Selfridge ANG base near me everyday. When we were in our old location, we were right in the flight path so they flew over us all the time.

Bill.

I've heard of that place. It was an old Navy Reserve base, I think they shut it down back in the late 90's though. I'm not sure however. I could be wrong.:dontknow:

I know that there are very few locations where we fly out of now...:(

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Well....there was the P-7....F-ing Boeing!!! Stole my future!:mad: BTW...do you think they will be hiring in about 10 years???:D :D :D

Sooooo.....I am thinking that's a no.....:p

What the hell were those people thinking standing behind as it was getting ready to take off.

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back