AZ Firebird Raceway 10/9/09

AZBLACKMONSOON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody going up tonight? I will be there with my 454SS along with a few vettes and 2010 camaro. I will be towing the 454 with the SRT10 just to see how it does ,this will be the first time towing in my life any tips?

Wish I could make it, but I'll be working. :(

I thought it was 7000, but the 06 may be different. As with any towing, watch your tongue weight as that can kill the tow rig before the absolute weight of the trailer will.

I got invited to go with another member..ive been throughing it around if im gonna make it or not.

HaroldD said:
Wish I could make it, but I'll be working. :(

I thought it was 7000, but the 06 may be different. As with any towing, watch your tongue weight as that can kill the tow rig before the absolute weight of the trailer will.

I think the 06 is more weight since it has the 2500 frame.

It towed pretty good, in my opinion. It was a 18 ft car trailer when i first loaded it ,i was way to far forward and the ass end SRT was dragging i backed up until the bed of the SRT was level. You definatly could feel it was back there driving ,6500 to 7000 pounds. I drove between 70 and 75 with OD off ,around 3500 rpm. 7.5 MPG. I was getting some pulsations when taking off in first , maybe I was to happy with the gas pedal. I'm due for the 30,000 mile service shortly, i'll get the fluid changed and bands adjusted. My 454SS ran 13.4 on my shake down run and got worse after that ,zero traction. I got to get some E.T. streets and put my traction bars on. I will then be able to use 1st and 2nd gear. :)

Sorry I couldnt go, I had to save some fuel for Cruise Down Central tonight. I will Probably go to the track in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back