AZ Firebird Raceway March 22nd

Psycho1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys;

As we all know, we were rained out on the 8th.:mad:

Are any of you guys planning on going out to the track tonight?!?

I will be there with the RC to see the real world results of a few bolt ons.:rock:

Cheers!:)

Best of luck and as always post up the results. :D

Look forward to seeing some great times. Y'all getting the cold front today too? Should make for great DAs

I'm gonna try and make it tonight, got to change plugs and tranny and engine oil before I go. Trying to quit early, but it is the busy season for me around here. That track is gonna be packed tonight I'm afraid.

Absolutely understandable, you would like everything correct with your truck as I do. Yes, the track will be a nightmare, but that's the way it goes. Hence the reason I plan on getting there early. Hopefully, I will see some of you some of you guys out there tonight.

Well damn, we are gonna have low 60s today and even cooler tonight. May have to hit the track myself :D

I'm gonna try and make it tonight, got to change plugs and tranny and engine oil before I go. Trying to quit early, but it is the busy season for me around here. That track is gonna be packed tonight I'm afraid.

what time are they open til? firebird is quit the haul for me but if they are open late maybe i can swing by?

If by cold front, you mean 85 degrees from the mid 90's last week, then yes. :D

Hey Rick, you should try to come over here on April 13th and we'll have dinner , then all go to the track on Sunday April 14th for a test and tune. I will at least be running the Cadillac and maybe the SRT-10 if I get the differential checked out. Hope you can make it, maybe Jay will come and Psycho1122.

Hey Rick, you should try to come over here on April 13th and we'll have dinner , then all go to the track on Sunday April 14th for a test and tune. I will at least be running the Cadillac and maybe the SRT-10 if I get the differential checked out. Hope you can make it, maybe Jay will come and Psycho1122.

Heck, I wouldn't mind a road trip, not sure those other guys are up to putting in those kind of miles. 06SRT10 might go though, I'll ask him. Firebird here tonight is packed I hear, I might need to make a Cali trip. :D

Psycho1122 will probably post up, Firebird was a debacle yesterday I heard. Lines almost 1/2 mile out to the access road, 3 hour wait in tech, all for one pass. To top it all off, the lights weren't working so they only used one lane till right before closing. I don't think Psycho even got a timeslip. As soon as I started hearing of the line, I decided I've done that fiasco with Firebird before, lol.

YEP! EPIC FAIL from Fireturd raceway......

I got ONE pass.... clean, no spin, hit every shift and about 105-110 on the speedo through traps.....

Timeslip only showed reaction time (.276) ?!?!? WTF!?!

Also, only one lane open from when I got into staging untill after 11:15 P.M. when I was too tired and left.... Funny thing, people were still going through tech when I was leaving!!

All you Phoenix guys should caravan over here on the 13th of April and we'll have a real GTG on Sunday the 14th. Famoso is a top notch facility, I think you guys will be pleased and you will run your best times ever. I'll check the DA for last April 14th and give you an idea what it was. Well it was really cool last year, so I don't expect the DA as good this year, but last year at 9am it was 48 degrees and 122' DA, by 4 pm the hottest part of the day it was 58 degrees and 690' DA. I think last April was when I had my best day ever, hope some of you can make it over here.....what a great Video Brad could make!

Yep, I just checked and it was Sunday April 15th, 2012 when I set my record. My previous best was 11.669 and on that day 4 out of 5 runs beat that time (best run was 11.631 and slowest time was 11.696).

I should probably give you guys the full info so you can plan ahead. The full Test and Tune is Saturday and Sunday April 13,14, 2013. Gates open at 7am, racing from 9am till 5pm saturday and 9am till 4pm on Sunday. If you show up on Saturday the price is $100 for both days, if you only want to run 1 day then show up on Sunday ($60.00). If some of you guys want to run on Saturday I will come out and support, but I am running on Sunday only (that could change based on the weather forecast).....I will run on the best day for DA. The weather service I check on line only has a 10 day forecast, so I will keep you guys updated. Lets try to make this work, look forward to seeing you Rick and meeting some of the other SRT owners.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back