Az guys

Troy's QC SRT said:
Straight line I can totally understand and will not disagree....in a corner is where i say you WILL NOT beat me or any other skilled rider....in a high end car with tuned suspension and a good driver yes....but not in a 5k truck taking on any modern sportbike..... if you do...they need some practice..... and im a track rider ;)

Interesting take....

When you say "you WILL NOT beat me", are we talking street pace w/ street tires? or race/track pace with race tires? BIG difference.

If you run a full race pace on the street, well, then the consequences become compounded.

The RC has a very nice "Tuned" suspension. The SRT team did a good job there. It really comes into it's own over 100+. Yes 5,000 lbs. However, .9G at 5,000 lbs.

Like I mensioned earlier in the conversation, you can really suprise your average sportbike rider on the street w/ the SRT.

5,000 lbs. of fun!:rock:

Psycho1122 said:
Interesting take....

When you say "you WILL NOT beat me", are we talking street pace w/ street tires? or race/track pace with race tires? BIG difference.

If you run a full race pace on the street, well, then the consequences become compounded.

The RC has a very nice "Tuned" suspension. The SRT team did a good job there. It really comes into it's own over 100+. Yes 5,000 lbs. However, .9G at 5,000 lbs.

Like I mensioned earlier in the conversation, you can really suprise your average sportbike rider on the street w/ the SRT.

5,000 lbs. of fun!:rock:

I barely even ride on the street anymore but yes i run DOT's on the track but even on street tires you wouldnt have a chance.....I mean what kind of turns are we talking? like the canyons, long sweepers? I can't see a 10 beating a sport bike on any really....we could go on the track and i would still destroy you....A tuned suspension car would be a different story though....

Troy's QC SRT said:
I barely even ride on the street anymore but yes i run DOT's on the track but even on street tires you wouldnt have a chance.....I mean what kind of turns are we talking? like the canyons, long sweepers? I can't see a 10 beating a sport bike on any really....we could go on the track and i would still destroy you....A tuned suspension car would be a different story though....

Ok, I see your perspective.

You on a roadcourse w/ your sportbike (btw, type and tire?) will "destroy" an RC. I can see that.:)

In that environment, I would just take out my fully preped ZX10 w/ 2CT's :D

Im just talking about the unexpected capabilities of the 5K RC SRT on an open road w/ sweeping mountain passes.:) Remember, 90% of the riders out there do not know fast.;)

If you start to get into heavy braking entry and hard turn exit tight canyon road or roadcourse, the 5K starts to hurt you. But really, how far behind on a tight canyon road do you think a good driver in a RC would be behind?

Psycho1122 said:
Ok, I see your perspective.

You on a roadcourse w/ your sportbike (btw, type and tire?) will "destroy" an RC. I can see that.:)

In that environment, I would just take out my fully preped ZX10 w/ 2CT's :D

Im just talking about the unexpected capabilities of the 5K RC SRT on an open road w/ sweeping mountain passes.:) Remember, 90% of the riders out there do not know fast.;)

If you start to get into heavy braking entry and hard turn exit tight canyon road or roadcourse, the 5K starts to hurt you. But really, how far behind on a tight canyon road do you think a good driver in a RC would be behind?

ha ha yea im a track rider:rock: This is me at Jennings GP earlier this month when i was on leave! hadn't been on a bike in over 10 months and was feeling a lil stiff and rusty but still had a blast! But its a 08 GSXR-1000 and i roll on Dunlop GPA's or Ntec 211's!! But like you said majority of riders jsut don't know what there bikes were really made for and can't ride them halfway close to what there meant to be.....They'll a$$ checks will pucker up at the first corner and couldn't get close to draggin a knee or leaning it over.....
DSC_0172.jpg

Trainman said:
Did anybody run this weekend? Times? Am I on a motorcycle forum?

For some reason we broke another heat record this last week of 111 degrees:( Im waiting for it to cool down some more. I know phxpoolguy made some runs:rock:

12.4 was my best time, was hoping for elevens. DR's didn't work on the truck, ran out of gear on the top end as I suspected it might. Got them for sale for anybody with a RC, $350 gets you tires rims and lugs.

Psycho1122 said:
Hey! Nice shot! Nice ride!

Yeah. knowing fast put's things in great perspective!

Here's one of mine at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah....

Good shot! Pilot Powers right? I used them for my first two sessions at Roebling then when it got a lil warmer I swapped out to the Gpa's. I need to wear my powers out as there my street tires but I dont really ride on the street any..... I want to get a set of Q2's or M5's to run both street and track....

JAYSSRT said:
For some reason we broke another heat record this last week of 111 degrees:( Im waiting for it to cool down some more. I know phxpoolguy made some runs:rock:

Jay you should have made a pass or two for the hell of it anyway :D

phxpoolguy said:
12.4 was my best time, was hoping for elevens. DR's didn't work on the truck, ran out of gear on the top end as I suspected it might. Got them for sale for anybody with a RC, $350 gets you tires rims and lugs.
You need to put a 6 speed in that sucker!!

For you motorcycle owners here in Phx area....I have a little side business(s). www.xceltrackdays.com and www.roadracesw.com We are this close "" to getting access to AMP. To say I'm a bit excited is an understatement. Regardless, come out for a track day. We have one on one instructors for new track riders or those with experience and looking for some tips. I'd be happy to coach you myself if you wanted.

phxpoolguy said:

12.4 w/ QC Auto?!? Good time in the heat...What mod's?

Traded DRs for some new nittos and tires for work truck,going to Firebird tomorrow. Anybody else, its only a fun truck if you drive it, only have 85k on mine.

phxpoolguy said:
Traded DRs for some new nittos and tires for work truck,going to Firebird tomorrow. Anybody else, its only a fun truck if you drive it, only have 85k on mine.

Whats the high for tomorrow? If its cooler Ill tag along and make a few passes.

Going to Firebird this week, decided to change all fluids and do tranny service and adjust band. Also got new tires so well she how it runs.

phxpoolguy said:
Going to Firebird this week, decided to change all fluids and do tranny service and adjust band. Also got new tires so well she how it runs.

I might have to work saturday:banghead:

Rick, How did them new tires work out?????

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back