B&G Stage 2 PCM

RAMDUDE

DOGFATHER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I don't remember this answer so I need help.

When running the stage 2 b&g do the cats have be off the truck ? I thought I read it somewhere before that they did but I looked on the site and it does not say anything. I have called 6 times today along with the person wanting to buy it.

no answer at all. So does anybody know ?

trying to help this guy and I don't want to see anything bad happen to his truck as a result.

cats can be on or off. depending how the tune is, he may have the rear O2's monitors turned off but that wont affect how the truck runs. important thing is the year and cab style have to be exact or the pcm wont work. also he will need to program his VIN in the pcm

cats can be on or off. depending how the tune is, he may have the rear O2's monitors turned off but that wont affect how the truck runs. important thing is the year and cab style have to be exact or the pcm wont work. also he will need to program his VIN in the pcm

Yes both trucks are RC & 04. I'm not sure on how the tune is set for cats, I would say no because I told him the mods after I send it to him.

Gibberish, I run a RC PCM in my 05 QC :chain:
Yes though, in all circumstances but mine you need matching year, cab style, and have vin progrAmmed.

Running cats or not running cats wont make a huuge difference however i will say my b&g tuned PCM ran VERY VERY rich so not having cats was better. Only issue is the guy is gonna have a hell of a time at dealer switching vins on the pcm so he can use it....unless you had that feature turned off. When b&g did mine they turned the SKIM crap off so any key cut to my ignition would start and run truck

BTW, at WOT i will say my truck felt fastest its ever been on the b&g tune :rock:

even if the skim is turned off you're still gonna have an abs/brake light on for a vin mix matched between the modules.

Gibberish, I run a RC PCM in my 05 QC :chain:
Yes though, in all circumstances but mine you need matching year, cab style, and have vin progrAmmed.

Did you have your VIN programmed into the PCM you are using?

Wildman

I got my B & G ECU several years ago. They did not ask if the cats were on or off. It had a ping at WOT when I first installed it. The cats were on at the time. I took them off about a year ago and really felt a difference in power. No pinging at WOT now...It is loud now but sounds and runs great.

Wade

B&G can do the vin reflash $130 just need to make sure the truck will run ok having cats, maybe put catless mids on down the line. Obviously these stage 2's turn off the o2's to do that.

yes i agree with you completely, it totally depends on the tuning of the truck. the year, style and defect should be checked properly.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back