B&M shifter keeps coming loose

RagunCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a srt10 ram B&M shifter on my truck. The bolts/nuts keep on coming loose.

I have a steel top part where the knob screws on and the bottom half that screws to the base is aluminum so welding isnt an option. What can i do?

I can put back the Aluminum B&M lever top part but i broke one already. Id have to saw the thing apart after welding it if another broke.

I have a srt10 ram B&M shifter on my truck. The bolts/nuts keep on coming loose.

I have a steel top part where the knob screws on and the bottom half that screws to the base is aluminum so welding isnt an option. What can i do?

I can put back the Aluminum B&M lever top part but i broke one already. Id have to saw the thing apart after welding it if another broke.

The base is aluminum but the rod coming up from it should be steel, I welded the handle to the rod coming out of the base because of the same problem

It's steel! That's great. I'm taking it to work and getting that sob welded. Thanks!

i switched to grade 8 bolts with lock nuts and lock washers... no problems... well... this was after i sheared off the original bolts, lol

I was wondering why I didn't get the factory bolts with it. They have remained tight since I installed it in my truck. :D

gr.8

look for this marking at your favorite bolt store! :)

Attachments

• hex-head-marking-grade8.gif
    hex-head-marking-grade8.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back