B&M Shifter!!!!!!!!

turbo_neon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B&M will be realseasing their shifter within the month part number will be 45040!!!!!

Rumor is less than $300. . . Boomer you now have compitetion

Stay Tune for reviews to be posted soon in our new "Reviews Section" which will be up. We will be testing a few products like the new BM shifter, Driveshaft loops, and other products...

The review section will provide installation material, quality reviews, installation fitting, quality, and editorial review ratings.

This will help our members to make there decisions based off testing a reviews :)

Thank You

VTCOA

RedSrt007 said:
Stay Tune for reviews to be posted soon in our new "Reviews Section" which will be up. We will be testing a few products like the new BM shifter, Driveshaft loops, and other products...

The review section will provide installation material, quality reviews, installation fitting, quality, and editorial review ratings.

This will help our members to make there decisions based off testing a reviews :)

Thank You

VTCOA
Excellent idea. Way to go Bro!!:rock:

I cant even keep up with all the stuff boomer is making. I think Boomer should have a drawing for all us forum guys and the winner gets a bunch of his stuff. ( pisssss, pick me, pick me)

From what I hear,Boomer's has no competition:rock:
Why cut corners just to save a few hundred bucks ? If money were an issue we wouldn't be driving SRT's , would we ?

HOT RAM said:
From what I hear,Boomer's has no competition:rock:
Why cut corners just to save a few hundred bucks ? If money were an issue we wouldn't be driving SRT's , would we ?

Wanna send me some money? haha!

To all,

Looks like around $265.95. Im not trying to be an ass here but, have you ever used a BM shifter? I have in two different cars. You can't really say you are cutting corners by purchasing anything but Boomer's shifter. You're not. B&M is a major company with staffed engineers and current up to date production and machining facilites. They can make more, quicker and maintain tight QA. For $265.95, Im willing to try it. But I would not preemptively post saying "B&M is substandard". How can you base that "Riding the coat tails" comment?:confused:

avcts said:
To all,

Looks like around $265.95. Im not trying to be an ass here but, have you ever used a BM shifter? I have in two different cars. You can't really say you are cutting corners by purchasing anything but Boomer's shifter. You're not. B&M is a major company with staffed engineers and current up to date production and machining facilites. They can make more, quicker and maintain tight QA. For $265.95, Im willing to try it. But I would not preemptively post saying "B&M is substandard". How can you base that "Riding the coat tails" comment?:confused:
i can say it, its substandard for what they COULD make. Hurst & Dodge both have more engineering resources than B&M, but all 3 are driven by the almighty dollar. me, i am too, but i ONLY make parts for these trucks & the Vipers, so i put forth every possible resource into our parts so that they CAN NOT be made better. when you make shifters for HUNDREDS of applications, you find a general concept that works for most of them, and that sacrifice is evident in the B&M design for the tremec tranny. our shifter wont work in a Viper, even though the tranny is the same, to do it right requires an entierly new design, however i could have made the Viper shifter work in the truck, but it would have caused compromises-so i didnt.
for 265 bucks you get what you pay for. it uses a plastic 1/2 ball for a bearing, and massed produced parts that are very very run of the mill. i could make the exact same thing, and sell it for the exact same price, and i have one 1/10 of the resources that those guys do, and its NOT B&M anymore, its a huge corporate conglomerate that sources their parts & products overseas.
the bearing assembley in my shifter is a 2 piece floating spherical bearing that is self enclosed & lubricated, and buying them in bulk still costs me over $85-EACH. the BM's, Hursts, etc all us just 2 springs under the shaft cross bar, ours uses a combination of multi rate prrogession spring assembleys under & OVER the cross bar for a true positive shift detent. i will take photos of both mine & theirs laid out, when my patent lawyer says its ok. OR you can take mine apart and compare it to your buddies mass produced BM or whatever. mine is composed of over 58 parts. the BM is made of 16. yes there most definiletly is a HUGE difference, its like comparing a dodge ram 1500 to the SRT ram, yes they are both trucks, but thats about as close as they get. my shifter design is so advanced, i spent over $5000 so far in patent processing, just to protect it from the big companies. anyone who thinks they are saving money and getting the same thing is dilusional

Last edited:
I think competition is good for everybody. If forces competitors to produce better parts and let the consumer decide. For me, you usually get what you pay for. I am not say the B&M is a POS but I know from past experience Boomer's will be as good as he says it is. But not everybody is willing to pay $600+ for something. To each his own, neither is right or wrong, its just your choice.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back