B&M vs JTS venom shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagunCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the B&M and i am thinking about changing it to the new JTS shifter coming out.

Can current Venom shifter owners who have experience with the B&M shifter please post your opinions. Thanks.

Trying to justify spending $380 on a shifter i dont need. I know i can make some back selling my B&M but that isnt important.

I also need to know how the shifter sits in the truck. I cant have the throw of the handle the knob screws onto go further than the B&M.

Last edited:
I have the B&M and i am thinking about changing it to the new JTS shifter coming out.

Can current Venom shifter owners who have experience with the B&M shifter please post your opinions. Thanks.

Trying to justify spending $380 on a shifter i dont need. I know i can make some back selling my B&M but that isnt important.

I also need to know how the shifter sits in the truck. I cant have the throw of the handle the knob screws onto go further than the B&M.

I have been running it from day one,believe me it is the ****.:rock:

I never drove a truck with a B&M but I real like the JTS gen 2 shifter.

I have the B&M and it is awesome except for the highwat rattle in 5th or 6th! The hotter thr trans the worse it gets! I took the atf out of the trans and put 75/90 in and that helped alot! Still rattles though! Does tony's rattle?

I had a B&M and changed to Tony's. Tony's is better!:)

i have had both ,,tony's has a shorter throw than B&M plus his has adjustable springs on each side of it so you can set it up to your tastes,
the newer shifter he has today has even a shorter throw than the gen 1,s
I have a gen 1 and shifting is about the same as a B&M but the adjustable spring tension makes it better than the B&M ,,

Hopefully this wont turn into a Tony bashimg thread again !

Had a B&M myself before getting Tony's shifter, like IronHead said, throw distance is very close to the same, but having that ability to adjust the tension from side to side is what makes all the difference. Missing 3rd hasn't happened to me once since installing the Venom. I'm already looking at getting the GenII as well!!

Can you guys elaborate on the adjustable springs? What do they do? I dont my b&m has any play. The shorter throw would be a plus.

And I don't know what brass bushing for the B&M yall ate talking about. So I would say no, I don't have it.

Can you guys elaborate on the adjustable springs? What do they do? I dont my b&m has any play. The shorter throw would be a plus.

And I don't know what brass bushing for the B&M yall ate talking about. So I would say no, I don't have it.

A few companys sell brass shift cup/bushings to replace the factory plastic one. It is the bushing that the bottom end of the shifter sets in. My plastic one was broke so switching to the brass made a huge difference in feel on my truck

The adjustable springs make you able to adjust the stick tension the way you like it. I have a Gen 2. Very short shift I like it a lot.

Oh that's what it's called. Mine kind of torn. You have a link so I can order a brass one? Thanks!

Does the shorter throw make it harder to shift due to less leverage?

Rajun, Google t56 brass shift cup should bring ot up, not sure how to podt a link from my phone

Thanks fellas! Ordering that tonight !

I also bookmarked the above link. I'm pretty sure I'm going to break something in my trans lol.

Yeah it's awesome, I have something like that in my banshee. But I don't race my truck enough for that.

Edit* JTS, when will you have some shifters made and ready for sale?

Yeah it's awesome, I have something like that in my banshee. But I don't race my truck enough for that.

Edit* JTS, when will you have some shifters made and ready for sale?

If you like a short shift you will love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back