Bad day at the track

TurboFreak said:
I also think a 12 sec run can be had in a stock 10.

If I had not missed the shift into 3rd I think I could have had a 13.5 since the 300C got a 13.7 and I was already a tenth ahead at the 330. If I punch that number into the DA correction calculator I get 12.9. So it is possible given the correct conditions and a "good driver", lol.

It was hot as stink(no pun intended Sawyer) yesterday and the DA was +3800 for that run according to the following site: http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...56&mph=103.27&correctetmph=Correct+ET+and+MPH
I am pretty sexy:D

for the heat and all, I think ya did fine bud:rock:

Stock clutch is useless at the track. Mine was toasted at 3k. Upgrade to centerforce, viper master slave and b & M. Truck will feel brand new with tons of new found power.

patrick

ShaneKennett said:
It was almost like a burning rubber smell. I know uts hard to diagnose with out actually smelling it. I really am starting to think it is excess fuel in the cats and its the cat burning up. I know that unburnt fuel will mess the internals of the cats up. It only does it after sitting for a while and then running it up to aboout 3500 4000 in the first 5 minutes

Dude, you have a plastic grocery bag or something plastic melted to your exhaust somewhere. I have gotten to every time I see debris floating in the highway, and I run over it, I try to see it in my mirrors. I hate that smell. You know it took me like 10 years to figure that out. I guess we have a bunch of floating plastic trash here in TX...I dunno :) Anyway, That is almost always what causes that smell.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i also have to disagree with dawg, i ran a 13.1 on stock tires and i only had a 2.15 60ft, a few other prople have ran high 12's with stock trucks on street tires, bigred ran a 12.28 about a week ago on street tires and his truck is pretty much stock althought he stripped it down for less weight

What was his MPH? 12.28 has to be a world record on a stock truck. Heck, the fastest I have ever gotten any of the SRT trucks I have ever had was like a 13.4 at 104 at 600 ft elev, 50 deg outside. I had a red 04 model when they first came out back in mid 2004. I remember paying $43k for it at the auction, and sold it for $45k, but a 13.7 was all I could get out of it. I have had numerous reg cabs & quads off the car lot over the past 5 years and I consider myself a pretty good driver, but they all run mid to high 13s, except the last quad I took to the track only ran a 14.1 at 100 if I remember right. I have had at least 10 different stockers at the track & never run like they should IMO. Maybe I do suck :)

What really pisses me off is the 1st one I had ever driven was a red 04 bone stocker off the lot here in town. There is this mexican dude in a black lightening with diablosport stickers on it chases me down and taunts the shit out of me. I bet he doesnt even speak english. He whipped me one day. As he was pulling me(slightly) he stuck half his body out the window and started acting like he was spanking me with his left arm waving. Kinda looked like a jocky does when they whip the horse they are riding. Really irritated me. That lightening had to be close to stock, he beats it like a drum every time I see him. I still see him now ever so often. Anyway, How do you guys get 107 mph out of a stock truck, or even a bolt-on modded truck? Whats the secret??????

robwclark said:
Dude, you have a plastic grocery bag or something plastic melted to your exhaust somewhere. I have gotten to every time I see debris floating in the highway, and I run over it, I try to see it in my mirrors. I hate that smell. You know it took me like 10 years to figure that out. I guess we have a bunch of floating plastic trash here in TX...I dunno :) Anyway, That is almost always what causes that smell.

I wish that was the case but it only does it when the truck sits for a while and then I get on her bit when she is cold. otherwise no smell. Which is odd

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i also have to disagree with dawg, i ran a 13.1 on stock tires and i only had a 2.15 60ft, a few other prople have ran high 12's with stock trucks on street tires, bigred ran a 12.28 about a week ago on street tires and his truck is pretty much stock althought he stripped it down for less weight

It is possible, my best is a 13.2 on street tires, with just my Borla cat-back at the time.

robwclark said:
What was his MPH? 12.28 has to be a world record on a stock truck. Heck, the fastest I have ever gotten any of the SRT trucks I have ever had was like a 13.4 at 104 at 600 ft elev, 50 deg outside. I had a red 04 model when they first came out back in mid 2004. I remember paying $43k for it at the auction, and sold it for $45k, but a 13.7 was all I could get out of it. I have had numerous reg cabs & quads off the car lot over the past 5 years and I consider myself a pretty good driver, but they all run mid to high 13s, except the last quad I took to the track only ran a 14.1 at 100 if I remember right. I have had at least 10 different stockers at the track & never run like they should IMO. Maybe I do suck :)

What really pisses me off is the 1st one I had ever driven was a red 04 bone stocker off the lot here in town. There is this mexican dude in a black lightening with diablosport stickers on it chases me down and taunts the shit out of me. I bet he doesnt even speak english. He whipped me one day. As he was pulling me(slightly) he stuck half his body out the window and started acting like he was spanking me with his left arm waving. Kinda looked like a jocky does when they whip the horse they are riding. Really irritated me. That lightening had to be close to stock, he beats it like a drum every time I see him. I still see him now ever so often. Anyway, How do you guys get 107 mph out of a stock truck, or even a bolt-on modded truck? Whats the secret??????
Look in the timeslips sction.........

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back