Bad Idle???

BigDave1970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

It has been quite awhile since I have been on here and I appologize. I am having an idle issue with my truck and cant seem to figure out what is going on. When it starts (cold) the idle is really crappy and generally i have to stay in it with my foot on the gas a bit or it will die. Even after warm up it still doesn't idle as good as it did. What could it be? I was thinking a bad Air Charge temp sensor (commonly refered to as mass air flow sensor)? Any one that can help me out with this issue would be greatly appreciated. :burnout:

BigDave1970 said:
Hello all,

It has been quite awhile since I have been on here and I appologize. I am having an idle issue with my truck and cant seem to figure out what is going on. When it starts (cold) the idle is really crappy and generally i have to stay in it with my foot on the gas a bit or it will die. Even after warm up it still doesn't idle as good as it did. What could it be? I was thinking a bad Air Charge temp sensor (commonly refered to as mass air flow sensor)? Any one that can help me out with this issue would be greatly appreciated. :burnout:

A few questions- When did the problem start?... After a tank of gas?
Did it start all of a sudden or has it been getting progressively worse?
Have you made any changes?- Plug Wires, Plugs?
Did you wash under the hood? Is your check engine light on?

Our trucks use a M.A.P. (Manifold Absolute Pressure) system, not a Mass Airflow Sensor system.

Ronnie

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
A few questions- When did the problem start?... After a tank of gas?
Did it start all of a sudden or has it been getting progressively worse?
Have you made any changes?- Plug Wires, Plugs?
Did you wash under the hood? Is your check engine light on?

Our trucks use a M.A.P. (Manifold Absolute Pressure) system, not a Mass Airflow Sensor system.

Ronnie

Ronnie,

Cant remember exactly when it started but it came on all of a sudden. Like one day it was fine, the next it was crappy. I frequently wash under the hood, and have never had an issue with that before, other than the Accesory belt slipping. It is not throwing any codes at all. :dontknow:

Has your truck completely lost power at all? Battery dead?

Ain't posted in over a year and you come back for free info...I feel so used :eek: Being the lone Viper mechanic on site I will answer....Try adjusting your choke and open the jets on the Carb :D :D :D Do a fricken search would ya :p :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

TheSickness said:
Ain't posted in over a year and you come back for free info...I feel so used :eek: Being the lone Viper mechanic on site I will answer....Try adjusting your choke and open the jets on the Carb :D :D :D Do a fricken search would ya :p :marchmellow: :marchmellow:
I'm still trying to figure out my carb.:dontknow:

Bill.

Begood said:
I'm still trying to figure out my carb.:dontknow:

Bill.
They are tricky.....But your flaps are very large for a man with meat curtains :D BigDick1970 cant find his :marchmellow:

TheSickness said:

Well Sickness,

Hasnt been over a year since my last post before this one. I actually posted back in August!! :p

BigDave1970 said:
Well Sickness,

Hasnt been over a year since my last post before this one. I actually posted back in August!! :p
Either way you're still Gay :p You post like old people have sex :argh: :D

TheSickness said:
They are tricky.....But your flaps are very large for a man with meat curtains :D BigDick1970 cant find his :marchmellow:
What?

Are you crazy?:dontknow:

They can trim the meat curtains these days. Keep up with the times will ya.

Bill.

TheSickness said:
Billy I just noticed you have a puny post count :D
I am not a whore. My posts are for informational purposes only!

Bill.

TheSickness said:
LMFAO........I've learnted so much from you :D Mousse or Gel :p
Don't worry grasshopper, you will see the way in due time.

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back