bad luck....bad bad luck :(

Zedix

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I think i'm the " unluckiest " man in the world :(
I bought a 2500 miles SRT 10 last year. Truck as new, from a private US cars collector. I add some perfomances parts like sct tuner, JTSVP throttle body & pulley, full exhaust, etc..

After few miles, i had VERY strange noise from motor... after opening motor, i found 1 bend push rod and one missing ( i finally found the half in carter ).
i repaired everything, etc... 10000 miles later, again a noise, this time the lifters... i change them by slow bleeds, noise is better, but still present...

and last week, i killed the gearbox. i opened, and all the 1 st gear is dead ( needle bearing melt on the mainshaft ). ok i agree, i drive in high RPM, but honnestly, for a 16000 miles car, i can't believe so many problem. The car is really new, i perfectly see it, all parts are like new, exactly like a new car from garage, i have no doubt about that.

I had probably to do a full revision before drive it. the car didn't moved at all for years, it's probably not good.

So, actually, my main problem is i need to this gearbox. The second problem is i'm located in belgium, as this car wan't officially imported, it's really hard to find parts.

I have to change the mainshaft. this part looks out of stock everywhere... ( part # 04626467 ), and i really don't know where to find it ?

Changing the necessary parts will cost me +- 800$, for only 1st gear ! ( other gears looks good ). It exist maybe a full rebuilt kit ? or second hand ? i really need your help & advices ;)

Low mileage doesn't mean brand new, time is as detrimental as mileage in some cases.

Zedix, I'm sorry to hear of your problems. I will PM Arska2 on this forum for you. He is a great resource for these trucks and parts in Europe.

Everything about our 10's is expensive & the older they get the harder the parts are to find. But as mentioned before, if you fix the problems with better parts you shouldn't have to worry about "that" problem for a while. Most of us feel they are worth the problems. Good luck with yours.

Hi,

got a PM from Chris.

I will certainly be able to help you out.
I am getting frequently parts shipped in a Container from US to Europe,
so Transport cost is not the Problem.

You can contact me on [email protected]

All the best from Germany

Arne

thank you everybody for your help...

@06v1p3rsrt10 : It is really scary. When I see the rarity of some parts and the difficulty to get, I start to think to resell my SRT. in my case, the gearbox exploded after 16000 miles, and there is no more reliable replacement parts for it. It may be my driving style that is not suitable, but I have not bought a SRT10 to drive as in diesel.

@caveman : thanks for this great contact, i contacted him ;)

@06SRT10 : I'm amazed that for a "basic architecture" car and a herited motor, there may be as many problem. I'm starting to live in fear with this car :( it's been 1 year that I own it, I didn't drive it more than 6 months, the rest of the time it is in my garage dismantled waiting for parts from the USA.

@Arska2 : email done, thanks ;)

Hi,

got a PM from Chris.

I will certainly be able to help you out.
I am getting frequently parts shipped in a Container from US to Europe,
so Transport cost is not the Problem.

You can contact me on [email protected]

All the best from Germany

Arne

This my friends is the second best reason to belong to this elite group. Of course the first it the great friendship-----but that is the cause of the second reason.

yep, maybe SRT10 is not perfect, but his community is on the top !

Giv Martin at TransM Transmissie Revisie a call or email with ur problems , he rebuilt my transmission , hes in Holland near Groningen.

also for parts or numders , call turnhout dealership , and ask for David or Luc.

where did u buy that SRT with 2500 miles ?
i hope its not that yellow one from Kapaza...

Giv Martin at TransM Transmissie Revisie a call or email with ur problems , he rebuilt my transmission , hes in Holland near Groningen.

also for parts or numders , call turnhout dealership , and ask for David or Luc.

where did u buy that SRT with 2500 miles ?
i hope its not that yellow one from Kapaza...

i already tried the european chrysler, the most important, the mainshaft, isn't in stock in Europe. I'll check your contact Martin, thanks.

i bought it in Belgium, from a US cars collector, it's a black one.

I would like to talk to you about the horrible experience with Martin Jäger site TransM Transmissie Revisie / www.tranm.eu to avoid falling into his trap.

I disassembled the gear box and finds the damage, it took me two hours of work (the Ram dismantled transmission). Wanting to fix it myself, I contact all distributors USA and Europe but unfortunately some parts are no longer available. This is confirmed by Tremec.

I then contacted transm.nl and gives the precise list of the broken parts and asks if he can get these parts and do the repair, emphasizing the fact that these pieces are not found. It confirms to me that he has no problem. I ask an estimate, he responds to me impossible without having the gearbox. However, he received the list of defective parts, he could get me a minimum estimate.

I am therefore shipping by truck transmission. After a month and many reminder emails, transm.nl gives me finally quote: more than €6000 for repair! I'm already amazed it took a month to have this quote, while it took me 2 hours! In the price, it counted a €2500-building kit. I ask what is this kit, transm.nl tells me that there is no question to ask on this topic.

Following refusal to answer me, I then asked him to repair without this magic kit. He refused again on the pretext of original parts will break again. I doubt that all Ram SRT 10 on the planet have problems of gear box but I accept the $7000 repair because I need my vehicle. A month later, transm.nl was told that it cannot get parts (exactly what I had warned him before shipping) and wants me to sell me $8500 a gearbox (while it is sold $3600 in the USA and he told me that they are not reliable)! I refuse to pay that price, and wishes to recover my gear box. He dares claim me a payment of 8 hours of work at $120 / hour, or $880!
The man, Martin Jäger, is really dishonest and not at all professional. It took him 2 months to tell me that in the end it is unable to recover, while I had him avert this problem from my first email. I strongly advise against anyone to entrust a repair, it is the the least reliable person that I've known in my life.

i'm havin a hard time understandin, with all the T-56's out there there are parts that can't be had for them???:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back