Bagging?

04RCMike

Reaction score
Has anyone or know of anyone that has bagged one of these with stock rims? I am considering it for my truck but I want to keep the rims. I know shortening components will make these rims work, but I dont want to get into that I just want to nice strong 4 link and put in a normal bag system. Will these stock rims tuck with out cutting the fenders or shortening the axle and new a arms?

check out auto rod tech. thread on his build

Take a look at my build thread, their is no "normal" bag system for this.
You will need to shorten the axle. get narrow control arms made, remove the main body rail and replace it because the tire comes all of the way through it. New fuel cell. I had a stock location cell made so I could keep my fuel filler. Many people mount cell behind the axle. You could to that and run a triangulated 4-link and not have lift bars like I did. But for anything with any amount of HP I prefer parallel 4-link.

You wouldn't have to go my route for a 4-link but for many reasons I chose this route.

I think I found the auto rod tech thread that was mentioned and Im not looking to go that crazy. I want to put on some tires that are about 1.5 inches less in side wall and only lay it down till the front dam hits and lays level. Im thinking that I wouldnt have to cut that body rail?

front dam? meaning the bumper?? at that point the frame is on the ground and you need to get crazy with everything at that point.. lol. Otherwise I think you are just wasting time. My rear axle bottomed out when it was static dropped so with any sort of bag work you will need to notch the frame and bed.

Here is my cut line..

here it is after the cut with a support bar added back in.

You won't be able to lower it much at all without cutting out the bar, and even at static drop I had camber like crazy so you will need to raise you're upper control arms to get a decent ride..

In my opinion with something like this.. In for a dime, in for a dollar.

One other thing you could look at would be a ride tech kit, but it will only lower it a little bit but you will be able to raise it back for ride height, but at that, My ride height would probably be lower than you're lowest setting, and without raising upper control arms it would still probably not handle very well.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back