Baseline done

razorbackfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the baseline pulls done so the modding can begin in ernest now. :)

The pulls were on the low side but I expected this being it was a Mustang w/eddiebrake and I'm a auto QC.

I did three runs but it only recorded the last two which were the lowest. I couldn't get my TC locked so I was pretty happy.

394/408 first pull
376/397 second pull
354/369 third pull

The third pull I installed the SCT with a DC performance tune. It wasn't made for my truck but another '05 QC. I figured wyo's truck (who I bought the SCT from) was pretty close except for having headers. Obviously not. I wasn't expecting alot here but I thought maybe it would get me over 400.

Ambient temp was 101 so it was hot. Temp on the truck was 200 with oil temp 185. I unhooked the detent on the trans to keep from kicking down (which it did not).

The big question I have is at 5200rpm it missed or rev limited somehow. Is this normal? I've never dynoed a Ram SRT10 before even on my dyno so I'm not famaliar with this. It happened on all three runs at exactly the same time. I shut down as soon as it happened so I don't know if it would have pushed past this or what.

Anyway, I am happy with the results and the dyno guy is pretty close to me so I shouldn't have a problem tracking him down for a delta.

The first #s were good for a QC...specially if you only hit 5200RPM....but like stink said...shouldnt be missing at 5200..:dontknow:

razorbackfan said:
I got the baseline pulls done so the modding can begin in ernest now. :)

The pulls were on the low side but I expected this being it was a Mustang w/eddiebrake and I'm a auto QC.

I did three runs but it only recorded the last two which were the lowest. I couldn't get my TC locked so I was pretty happy.

394/408 first pull
376/397 second pull
354/369 third pull

The third pull I installed the SCT with a DC performance tune. It wasn't made for my truck but another '05 QC. I figured wyo's truck (who I bought the SCT from) was pretty close except for having headers. Obviously not. I wasn't expecting alot here but I thought maybe it would get me over 400.

Ambient temp was 101 so it was hot. Temp on the truck was 200 with oil temp 185. I unhooked the detent on the trans to keep from kicking down (which it did not).

The big question I have is at 5200rpm it missed or rev limited somehow. Is this normal? I've never dynoed a Ram SRT10 before even on my dyno so I'm not famaliar with this. It happened on all three runs at exactly the same time. I shut down as soon as it happened so I don't know if it would have pushed past this or what.

Anyway, I am happy with the results and the dyno guy is pretty close to me so I shouldn't have a problem tracking him down for a delta.

Dont worry about the 2nd & 3rd pulls, and be sure you go to a dynojet next time. My QC did 390 something stock so your right on.

TNVIPER said:
The first #s were good for a QC...specially if you only hit 5200RPM....but like stink said...shouldnt be missing at 5200..:dontknow:

That's what I thought but it wasn't a miss, it flat out quit for like a half second and before it could do anything else I shut it down. I'm working with Torrie now on a tune for the SCT. :rock:

The only other dyno's around here don't have eddiebrakes so I can't get a good load based on the wieght of the truck so I'm going to stick with the Mustang for now and that should give me a good delta for future upgrades. I mean I'm not against playing around on the inertia dynojets but for tuning I'm going to stick with this one specific dyno. I really wish I hadn't sold mine now.

Mine did the same thing on my red truck, I thought rpm inductive wire came lose and caused sort of a tear in the dyno at 5600... HP and TQ peaked at the tear, it was a false reading.

SOTP, how does the SCT feel VS the stock tune?

It felt the same to me but the numbers dropped 20hp. I didn't have it loaded off the dyno so I don't know about street feel. I'm waiting until I get the tune from Torrie to do that.

Back