Bassani header problems

Maybe the Bassani's were D shaped before this pair they sent us. Either way Flying Low is done, first pull was 740/800rw, and I detuned him to 650/720tq with only 16 degrees total timing 93 octane.

I just bought a set for my 06. I have not got them yet and was wondering the best thing to do sounds like to get new OEM gaskets?? i have 15000 miles on my stock ones.

lukedovichak said:
I just bought a set for my 06. I have not got them yet and was wondering the best thing to do sounds like to get new OEM gaskets?? i have 15000 miles on my stock ones.

Get new OEM gaskets and you will be set....

thank you for the speedy response. do I have to cut anything for proper fitment?

lukedovichak said:
thank you for the speedy response. do I have to cut anything for proper fitment?

No cutting on the gaskets............some have had to shave the upper control arm but I did not.....I did cut a hole in the passenger side wheel well not for fitment but to keep the header from melting it...was just about 2" clearence..

If it is the same header they sent us, they will not work. Especially with the OEM gasket..look at the picts I posted up.

ill have my wheel wells off this weekend and get some pics, you want passenger or driver side

Passengerside, does anyone have a picture of the headers out of the box? Snap a pict of the tube and flange then lay the factory or Bassani gasket in place, you'll understand then. You can see even when I trimmed the gaskets to line up the bolt holes and clear the casting flat on the head, they still did not seal. My question is-Why would Bassani produce a round port header for a D shaped head? Or did they send me the wrong header?

msdnga said:
Maybe the Bassani's were D shaped before this pair they sent us. Either way Flying Low is done, first pull was 740/800rw, and I detuned him to 650/720tq with only 16 degrees total timing 93 octane.
congrats on the job bro:rock:

now YOU and LOW can make the GTG:rock:

I added the pictures below so you can see them without viewing the attachments. I'm going to contact the vendor and see what he says.

msdnga said:
#1 shows the casting tab in the way of the upper header flange.
#2 Shows the lower D port of the head
#3 Shows the complete mismatch and bolt misalignment of the Bassani gasket which the header matches and does the same.
#4 Shows the Bolt mis alignment
#5 Shows head studs that require the flange of the header to be cut to individual tubes like the B&B Headers have.
#6 Shows the factory gasket used along with the Bassani gasket, allows a huge leak at the botton of the header tube.
#7 Shows that even trimming the gaskets to clear the head casting at the top/ and align the boltholes, the headers still do not seal.

Pictures coming up.

CIMG1141.jpg

CIMG1142.jpg

CIMG1143.jpg

CIMG1144.jpg

CIMG1145.jpg

CIMG1146.jpg

CIMG1147.jpg

CIMG1148.jpg

i went through the same crap with them ,,i installed thier gasket only to have to remove it three days later ,,when i called them they sent me an updated install sheet was all they would do ,,it said to use both gaskets on top of each other ,,so i did that ,,last two days before it blew out again ,,,after about ten emails and calls i never heard a damn thing back from them ,,

i also noticed double stracking them cut way down the amount of threads bolts had in the bolt holes ,,,,poor set up

Those have to be the wrong ones, the gasket I got was exactly like the oem but thinner, also the flange was d shaped, sound like a major F&*&^ up. I did use both gaskets but the ones they sent me looked nothing like those. That is the only thing that suck about online orders, don't get to look at before you pay, it sound like they had a newb that made your set.

Either way, even though I did not snap a pict, I welded the header up to a D shape and used the Billy Boat individual gaskets. No leaks anymore and one sick automatic SRT-10!

Really, nothing-stock heads, stock cam, just forged and boost from the STS Turbo.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back