Bassani Headers?

Carlwalski

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello "Mr DC" (sorry don't know your name) :laugh:

I was searching for headers and what people run etc and Bassani are up the top with Hallangers(sp?). I did notice lots of guys were complaining about the poor quality head bolts that come with the Bassani kit and that the gaskets were crap. You mentioned in one thread I saw that you supply your headers with the ARP bolts, the best gaskets (OEM?) and everything needed to do the job properly. Can you still do this and if so, what price (not including shipping).

I live in New Zealand but am as honest as they come. I've purchased nearly 500 items for personal use from the US of A and would pay via Paypal (preferred) or Visa. I'd have the headers shipped via air mail. Do you also stock X-Metal items? Boomer isn't the best for shipping, unreliable to be blunt, poor service, good parts. I'm after one of his 1-2" drop kits for my 06 RC.

Cheers,
Carl

:)

Last edited:
Carl I have the Bassanis and the header/head bolts have remained tight for almost 3K miles....I have had trouble with the header/mids bolts loosening but the mids are not stock....nothing wrong with the Bassani gaskets other than it will not fit our engines...the instructions say to use the OEM gaskets which work fine..

Thanks guys, I have talked to Justin who will get the ARP bolts and OEM gaskets on my behalf. :)

Carlwalski said:
Hello "Mr DC" (sorry don't know your name) :laugh:

I was searching for headers and what people run etc and Bassani are up the top with Hallangers(sp?). I did notice lots of guys were complaining about the poor quality head bolts that come with the Bassani kit and that the gaskets were crap. You mentioned in one thread I saw that you supply your headers with the ARP bolts, the best gaskets (OEM?) and everything needed to do the job properly. Can you still do this and if so, what price (not including shipping).

I live in New Zealand but am as honest as they come. I've purchased nearly 500 items for personal use from the US of A and would pay via Paypal (preferred) or Visa. I'd have the headers shipped via air mail. Do you also stock X-Metal items? Boomer isn't the best for shipping, unreliable to be blunt, poor service, good parts. I'm after one of his 1-2" drop kits for my 06 RC.

Cheers,
Carl

I have two sets of Bassani's and never had a problem...you MUST use a 6 point socket with the supplied bolts. Also they told me to use the stock steel gaskets.

Annu Kumar said:
Hallangers??? I thought they were called Belangers
Come on Annu you're not the best speller either:D He even put(spelling) after the word. So dont be an annus Annu:D LOL

Thanks guys for the input. ;)

I have since purchased Billy Boat long tube headers and cat-less mids which will go nicely with the cat back Billy Boat exhaust. :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carlwalski said:

I have since purchased Billy Boat long tube headers and cat-less mids which will go nicely with the cat back Billy Boat exhaust. :)

Cheers,
Carl

it will be noisy my friend.... :eek: i'm just to install 2 extra mufflers upon this setup... i wanne hear my radio back ! :eek: :D :D :D :D

Carlwalski said:

Cheers,
Carl
Cool, sounds like you have money to burn.:D

We use ARP header bolts and production gaskets on all our header installs. These are better than what is provided with these headers. We also some some DEI heat wrap on the steering column rubber boot and O2 sensor wires.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

sleeper said:
Cool, sounds like you have money to burn.:D

LOL! I wish mate, I wish! Just like to do things once, do them right.
The complete Billy Boat system is what suits me, I want a deep sounding tone.

Any catless exhaust on these trucks is very loud. Even with the stock muffler. Mine just has the magnaflow and it has a very nice sound.

Yup, I'm expecting it to be but I don't mind loud. I'll just have to wait and see. It if is droney, I'll purchase the hi-flows and sell the catless mids. But, having other cars with electric exhaust cutouts loud is one thing and LOUD is another. Drone could be annoying but being a 2-dr it won't matter a hell of lot. My Jeep has real bad dull drone at certain rpms, it's OK in the front but being a passenger must really, really suck!! I'm getting that fixed though, going from Flowmaster Super 40s to the 70 series. Thanks for the input. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back