BB mids to Magnaflow Help

Viper Beau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to see if any of you have BB mids connecting to a Magnaflow muffler. Specifically, what did you have to do to get the mids to connect, ie. cut the BB mids back a bit? make an adapter? etc... Any help or pics would be awesome.

BB makes an adapter its about 70 bucks shipped. takes it from 3" to 2.5" to fit your muffler

Thanks, I will give BB a call. I assume that's what you have on your truck?

Got off phone with BB. They won't sell me the individual part. Said they would make one from scratch for $300. Not doing that. How hard will it be to make a 3 to 2.5 adapter.

yeah thats what i have on my truck. Its been about 2 years since i needed mine, i just called and they sent it. I would assume any exhaust shop could make you one. It does have some bends in it.

Thanks guys. I took it buy a pretty reputable shop today as far as custom exhausts go. I have to get back with the guy next week but wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be a big problem. How does your's sound with the BB catless and Magnaflow? I'm worried it might be too obnoxious.

is there really any advantage of getting a B&B catless mid versus Tony's or Justin's?

That's a good point. A 3" catless is a 3" catless. It's probably buying more the name than the actual product. The BB's are very nice, however, I can tell you they didn't want to help me out much in terms of customer service or with the adapter to the Magnaflow. In retrospect I should have gone with Tony or Justin on this and had them prefab it for an easy connection to my Magnaflow. That's what I would recommend to others as well

Viper Beau said:
That's a good point. A 3" catless is a 3" catless. It's probably buying more the name than the actual product. The BB's are very nice, however, I can tell you they didn't want to help me out much in terms of customer service or with the adapter to the Magnaflow. In retrospect I should have gone with Tony or Justin on this and had them prefab it for an easy connection to my Magnaflow. That's what I would recommend to others as well

:rock:

I had the B&B's to Magnaflow....I cut off the inlets to the Magnaflow and welded the 3" to the butt of the ends.

Any decent exhaust shop can do it....decent as in > midas :D lol

It sounds great :rock:

Viper Beau said:

I think u right on ur statement ,Justins mid pipes for any other aftermarket exhaust with no problems, in my case, i got the B&B mid pipes from Tony already and im getting the B&B cat back later on. so i will have almost a full B&B exhaust system on my truck :D

i might have to do a bit of work to the mids cuz im going the same route like moparracing , mids flanged to the catback, we dont have the visual test here in WA but just in case someone says something:rock:

mmmmtorque said:
I had the B&B's to Magnaflow....I cut off the inlets to the Magnaflow and welded the 3" to the butt of the ends.

Any decent exhaust shop can do it....decent as in > midas :D lol

It sounds great :rock:

That's what I wanted to hear. I think I will tell the guy at the exhaust shop to do just that. 3" BB right into the muffler. Did you have to move the Magnaflow's orientation. The BB is vertical pipes (one on top of the other). Magnaflow is horizontal inlets. Did you have a 3" adapter made to line up the different orientations and weld that adapter straight to he muffler? Thanks for the info this is exactly what I need.

Viper Beau said:
That's what I wanted to hear. I think I will tell the guy at the exhaust shop to do just that. 3" BB right into the muffler. Did you have to move the Magnaflow's orientation. The BB is vertical pipes (one on top of the other). Magnaflow is horizontal inlets. Did you have a 3" adapter made to line up the different orientations and weld that adapter straight to he muffler? Thanks for the info this is exactly what I need.

One you cut off the inlets you have to fill the gap with some 3" stock. From what I remember (its been a few years) there was a slight angle on the outside pipe but nothing significant. There is quite a bit of flex +- 1" in the mids so alignment was handled with measuring out the angle from the Magnaflow on the stock filler.

I welded a 3" 3bolt universal adapter to the end of the stock to butt up against the mids (use an exhaust gasket or make one)...

Then flared the 3" to go over the Magnaflow ends (sticking out about 1 1/2") and welded it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back