Bbk tb sticking

Well I didn't disconnect the battery , but I disconnected the pcm(all3) the tps,iac, & iat, waited about half hour while I ran and grabbed some beer, and plugged everything back up and I turned the key on and did the pedal thing 3 times, started it and let it idle for about 5 minutes , but since I was drinking I didn't want to drive it so we will see how it does tomorrow

I have another dodge, trust me twisting the plunger will screw it up !

Yeah, never pull or push on that plunger on the iAC, once you do that thing its toast and you'll need a new one period.

Who wants to tell JTSVP his instructions that come with his throttle body is wrong.

Here is an older post where he explains the process. He also states in one of the posts, that this process is in his instructions.

"How To" reset idle after installing aftermarket TB - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

Who wants to tell JTSVP his instructions that come with his throttle body is wrong.

Here is an older post where he explains the process. He also states in one of the posts, that this process is in his instructions.

"How To" reset idle after installing aftermarket TB - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

OP isnt using a JTS TB though. I still dont recommend that as you can strip the gear in the IAC by pulling it. Ive destroyed one doing that. It would no longer retract back in.

OP what rpms is your idle sticking at? I have a BBK and mine was sticking at 1200 rpm occasionally. I changed out the IAC and TPS at the same time and adjusted the TB screw on the BBK (its on the driverside where the linkange connects uses a T15 torx, turned it clockwise just a lil). Sticky throttle is gone now.

I'm trying to upload a video, but it varies, sometimes at 1200 others at 2k
Video:

Last edited:
And just to update after doing all that, this morning it was still the same thing

I do , and when reinstall it I have no issues

I have the same issue with my BBK. this was my reply.

"Hello Norbert
BBK parts are covered by a one year warranty
If your purchase was within one year – please reply to this email with a copy of the purchase receipt – we will then issue the RMA information to you
To return the item for inspection and repair
If you item does not fall into the warranty period please send us photos of the issue so we can offer some advice as to a fix

Thanks

Tim Gilpin

[email protected]"

I purchased mine used....... The spring is weak and needs replacing but the throttle body is outside of warranty . They say they may offer "ADVICE as to a fix"

Last edited:
I have the same issue with my BBK. this was my reply.

"Hello Norbert
BBK parts are covered by a one year warranty
If your purchase was within one year – please reply to this email with a copy of the purchase receipt – we will then issue the RMA information to you
To return the item for inspection and repair
If you item does not fall into the warranty period please send us photos of the issue so we can offer some advice as to a fix

Thanks

Tim Gilpin

[email protected]"

I purchased mine used....... The spring is weak and needs replacing but the throttle body is outside of warranty . They say they may offer "ADVICE as to a fix"

Can you just get a new spring from them? Or are you saying the bbk spring is week in general?

What if , I take the spring off my stock one ?

Well I changed that line and it still continues , I've moved the idle screw up down , if I move it by hand it goes down , so yes the spring is weak

Well I changed that line and it still continues , I've moved the idle screw up down , if I move it by hand it goes down , so yes the spring is weak

Can you get another rotation out of the spring? Or have you tried to run the truck with out any of the linkage hooked up? It could be a cable issue if you can grab the lever and get it idle down or that spring isnt tight enough.

Last edited:
I drove for about 10 minutes after installing the subs and it seemed to work good, we will see tomorrow

Well guys , after driving it for a few days the issue has gone away, it was a bad vacuum line under the TB ! Thanks for the help !

For some reason, with the stock tb it wasn't doing it, I believe the nipple is bigger on the bbk which is why it was only doing it with that tb

For some reason, with the stock tb it wasn't doing it, I believe the nipple is bigger on the bbk which is why it was only doing it with that tb

It is, I remember catching hell trying to slide that hose over over the BBK nipple. Think I had to use motor oil to lube it up and ram it up in there without tearing it. I tried to be gentle but sometimes you just have to use force. :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back