BBK throttle body for Stock trucks

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Dan at DC Performance and ordered the BBK throttle body. We will run a dyno test with the stock throttle body, then mount the BBK and dyno again. My RC has headers and Magnaflow, 170 therm and a DC Tune....so this will be good info for all you N/A guys. As a little bonus I am having a stock intake manifold Extrude Honed and we will mount that after the BBK test to see if there are any gains on a stock motor. I don't expect a whole lot but I will need the Extrude Honed intake with my future plans:) :D . I will get my N/A record back!!!!:rock: As far as any Lightnings are concerned I will be pure stock with Headers.

Last edited:
what kind of delivery time ya lookin at & you have a RC?????

Dan said he had 4 in stock today. I will be waiting for the manifold to get Extrude Honed and then I will drive down to DC Performance and do all the changes and Dyno runs there. We are going to try to get this done before the 9-19-08 Test and Tune Finale at Famoso Raceway ( Bakersfield). 2004 RED RC....12.49 best....111.31 MPH best.

Dan posted in another BBK thread that there was a prob. with hookin up the cruise control cable & that they are workin on it.
so the best thing to do is cal Dan & get it ordered.

This should be interesting to see if this TB makes any gains over the Roe or X Metal TB. I'm also interested if the idle will hang at all. Does Dan recommend changing the A.I.C. motor during the install?

Trainman said:
Just got off the phone with Dan at DC Performance and ordered the BBK throttle body. We will run a dyno test with the stock throttle body, then mount the BBK and dyno again. My RC has headers and Magnaflow, 170 therm and a DC Tune....so this will be good info for all you N/A guys. As a little bonus I am having a stock intake manifold Extrude Honed and we will mount that after the BBK test to see if there are any gains on a stock motor. I don't expect a whole lot but I will need the Extrude Honed intake with my future plans:) :D . I will get my N/A record back!!!!:rock: As far as any Lightnings are concerned I will be pure stock with Headers.
Hey Jerry,
Post up when you come down to DC for this I will try and stop by.
Mas

SrtBrad said:
Alfredo where are you at. I'm heading down to DC now.

I'm in Brea at my gf apt right now. My truck is at home in pasadena. I need to get my mopar pcm flashed with my trucks vin so i can put in already

SrtBrad said:
Automatic Idle Speed motor.

Are we talking about an IAC or Idle Air Control valve here? The valve that allows air to pass by the throttle blade to control the idle speed/quality. I haven't heard of an Automatic Idle Speed motor.:confused:

Not trying to pick on anyone, just asking for clarification's sake.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back