Bearing question

mikeH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the truck ticks/chatters/taps when I let go of the clutch. I've searched and everyone says throwout bearing. I am not ready to buy a new clutch kit (~$700), so I was going to snag the new bearing, but all I see is "Release Bearing", "Carrier Bearing", and "Pilot Bearing"?!?! What the heck is it?? lol Thanks in advance!

Probably release bearing. Pilot is in the end of the crank and the carrier is for the two piece driveshaft

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

release bearing

the transmission has to come out to change the release bearing...... might as well do the clutch...... could be the clutch causing all the ruckus.....

Mine also chatters a lot at idle. You an quiet it by pressing the clutch and very slowly release the clutch. T

I think that's a problem with the linkage.

There is no linkage.... the clutch release is Hydraulic. Do you know if the clutch has been replaced once before? The Center force clutch has a wire ring with weights that have been known to fail..... another thing to try is to bleed the system. the oil gets over heated and gets dirty. the release bearing may just be getting hung up against the clutch slave cylinder. just a thought....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back