Bearings

ok nobody else is gonna jump in so here goes

i like the federal mogul brand , why? dont knwo, why do we like dodge?;)

but on the rod bearings i like acl bearings

http://www.aclus.com/engine_bearings.htm

they have a rod bearing that is actually harder than most , they seem to last a touch longer and provide better service in the long run.

now the federal mogul i like , just because i do, I like there history, plus most are grooved for extra lubrication.

there is another company Kings bearings that alot use, and are popular with builders, but to me they are a little overpriced , more of a name game to me.

but i try to go with federal mogul mains and acl rods

Does anyone sell.20 rod bearings ?? Need them like yesterday !!

Stinker said:
ok nobody else is gonna jump in so here goes

i like the federal mogul brand , why? dont knwo, why do we like dodge?;)

but on the rod bearings i like acl bearings

http://www.aclus.com/engine_bearings.htm

Ditto on the federallies .... they have been around for "a little while".
Looks like the acls are kinda/sorta like the old F77 Clevites..

Last edited:
Does anyone have some part numbers for the Federal Mogul, Kings & ACL bearings? Looking at the ACL catalog I couldn't see anything for V10s. Kings only list 488ci V10s up until 2003 and the Federal site is confusing as hell lol can't find shit! I'm not sure how far we're going with the bore job on my engine until we pull it apart, we're thinking at this stage 0.05" max but that all depends until we've seen it so I can't simply ask for OEM fitment part #s. :( We will order once we know what size, I'm just trying to get ahead and at least have some options ready but I can't find anything. The bearings are the only parts I have yet to "source".

I used a full bearing set from the Gen IV Viper, well, my builder did.

Yellow venom said:
Any luck on bearings Carl? I used OEM and had them Calico coated.
None as yet bud, I wasn't sure if using OEMs was the way to go? Being used, no? :dontknow:
Plus, if we do a 0.05" clean up, they won't work. :eek: I'll keep looking. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back