Bed Rug, 4.11 Gears and SCT Tuner

AutoXfire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, as I mentioned in my previous thread I sold my SRT10, so now I have a few parts for sale:

- Bed Rug bed liner that I only had for about 3 months. I'm asking $250 for it. Of course new velcro backing will be needed, but you can pick that up in many places. I would prefer to keep it local as I am sure finding a box for it will be a pain (I know I should have kept the original box :-( ).

- Stock 4.11 gears from a 2004 with about 5,000 miles on them. Asking $350 obo plus shipping (not a clue how much they are worth?)

- SCT Tuner that I bought new through Torrie. It has the normal 3 tunes as my truck was not modified. I did return the truck to stock tune before I traded it, so it should be good to go for a RC, but please confirm this before buying. Asking $250.

- Small insert where hitch is installed. I also have the small insert that you remove when you install a hitch on the truck. It is black and in great shape. Asking $30 plus shipping.

Thanks,

Michael

Where are you located?

Only if you are up for a drive to Charlotte. :p

I will consider shipping, but it might get pricey.

Excuse my ignorance but, what are the normal 3 tunes that Torrie does on the SCT?
Do you still have the box and instructions?

The tunes are for a stock our close to stock truck. I am thinking they are 87, 89, and 93 based on the octane. I do have the original package and instructions that came with it.

A BedRug was the best thing I ever put in my truck. It made the bed useful for a quick nap :)

I am guessing your truck was an '04 like mine because of the gears you are selling?
Did you have any other mods done at all?
(Interested in the SCT)

From the-"The TruthAbout Pre-Owned SCT's....." thread:
There will be a test:D

Buying a NEW SCT you will receive 3 tunes for your vehicle, and once you install them in the vehicle there are two open spots left in the SCT DEVICE for use on another vehicle BUT you will need new tunes for the new vehicle.

A new device will have the ability to be VIN locked 3 times. A VIN lock gets consumed the first time you use the device to flash a vehicle with a file other than stock. You can then flash that same vehicle an unlimited amount of times with any custom tune or back to stock. The device will remain VIN locked as long as a custom tune is flashed or "loaded" into the vehicle. It will be able to be UNLOCKED once you return the vehicle to stock. This can be viewed under device options. If the Device status is STOCK, its UNLOCKED, if its aftermarket its VIN locked. You can also view how many vin locks are available under device info it will list “changes left”. If that gets down to 0 SCT needs to unlock it.

Buying a USED SCT, there are two ways you will receive the DEVICE: LOCKED, or UNLOCKED. The SCT DEVICE does NOT lock to a VIN number of the specific vehicle.

If an SCT DEVICE has been returned to stock before the truck is gone, this is considered UNLOCKED. The tunes that are stored in the device CAN be used on a different truck but ONLY if you have the SAME YEAR and SAME CAB CONFIGURATION AND SIMILAR MODS. (Not recommended, but it is possible).
If you purchase an UNLOCKED device, you can also elect to order new tunes (Torrie charges $200 for N/A and $250 for s/c turbo/nitrous tunes). Once you do this, the device has now been used on a second vehicle, and there is still one more time the SCT can change vehicles before it becomes LOCKED.

If you purchase a LOCKED DEVICE, either by it being used on 3 vehicles, OR the previous owner did NOT return the SCT DEVICE back to STOCK, then YOU MUST RETURN THE DEVICE BACK TO SCT TO UNLOCK. This cost is $150. Once the device is UNLOCKED, you can then purchase NEW tunes. (Torrie charges $200 for N/A and $250 for s/c turbo/nitrous tunes).

You can do the math, as the prices listed are subject to change, and DOES NOT include the actual purchase price from the seller.

Can you post a pic of the SCT showing that it is unlocked and has 2 "changes" left?
My main reason for wanting an SCT is that I want the fans to turn on at a lower temp. At what temp. did your fans turn on?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I can get a pic of it, but since the truck is gone, I don't think I can get a pic of it showing 2 VINs left. Sorry didn't know (remember to check) before I got rid of the truck. The truck ran cooler when I had the tune on. With the tune, it was constantly running under 200, after I took the tune off it was hovering above 200. Not sure what Torrie has them coming in at, but it was cooler after I tuned than before.

So your truck was an '04, did it have any other mods? What other changes did Torrie do? Where are you located?

Hi all, as I mentioned in my previous thread I sold my SRT10, so now I have a few parts for sale:

- Bed Rug bed liner that I only had for about 3 months. I'm asking $250 for it. Of course new velcro backing will be needed, but you can pick that up in many places. I would prefer to keep it local as I am sure finding a box for it will be a pain (I know I should have kept the original box :-( ).

- Stock 4.11 gears from a 2004 with about 5,000 miles on them. Asking $350 obo plus shipping (not a clue how much they are worth?)

- SCT Tuner that I bought new through Torrie. It has the normal 3 tunes as my truck was not modified. I did return the truck to stock tune before I traded it, so it should be good to go for a RC, but please confirm this before buying. Asking $250.

- Small insert where hitch is installed. I also have the small insert that you remove when you install a hitch on the truck. It is black and in great shape. Asking $30 plus shipping.

Thanks,

Michael
Re:Bedliner
Could meet you in Asheville from here in Knox T.N.

So your truck was an '04, did it have any other mods? What other changes did Torrie do? Where are you located?

Torrie did the tune based on a stock truck. I did have a drop in filter and got the TB after I had the tune. I am in Charlotte, NC behind Concord Mills.

Last edited:
pics of tuner.

Attachments

• IMAG0102.jpg
    IMAG0102.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0103.jpg
    IMAG0103.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 32
Lowering prices: I do want these gone, to have funds for my new cheaper truck:

Bed Rug bed liner - New asking $200 plus shipping

- Stock 4.11 gears from a 2004 with about 5,000 miles on them. New asking $200 obo plus shipping

- SCT Tuner that I bought new through Torrie. New Asking $225 shipped obo.

- Small insert where hitch is installed $???

THANKS!

Tuner is gone. Shipping on the bed rug is looking pretty rough. feel free to make am offer. We are moving and would like to clear this stuff ou

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back