Before - After

Roz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to wipe on my engine bay a little today. The last few times I've wiped it down, I noticed the "VIPER" scripted onto the valve covers is begininning to look like crap.

I started with 400 grit, then 800 grit. Then 1000, and finished with 2000. With the 1000 and 2000 grit I used it "wet" with some detailing mist. I finished off with Eagle One's wadding polish, and my dremel. I'm pleased thus far, I just hope the up-keep isn't a PITA.

FYI: I done all sanding with the sand paper wrapped around a paint-mixing stick so I didn't accidently scuff the red portion of the valve covers.

Before:
DSCN2021.jpg

After:
DSCN2022.jpg

DSCN2023.jpg

Mine were dirty too Roz...so today I corrected the situation too...but I had Justin do the hard work I just put them on...

Pics with my Iphone...so color is off...they are Candy Red.

Candy.jpg

Candy5.jpg

Justine Rocks!

Thanks everyone! It started out being what I thought was going to be "difficult". I wised up and put the sandpaper on the paint-stick and it made things go much faster.

Here are some pics in the sun. I'm pleased with the outcome. It's far from perfect (chrome), but much better than before.

DSCN2025.jpg

DSCN2026.jpg

DSCN2030.jpg

Roy,

That is THE SHIT®. I'd love to do that one day. It's just not in the cards right now. . . :eek:

BOTH ARE AWESOME. roy take the S/C off and have it painted and you'll be the shiznit.

Last edited:
Great job guys

Jimi you applied brains and initiative...much more gratifying!

I simply spent my wife's money.

Prof said:
Mine were dirty too Roz...so today I corrected the situation too...but I had Justin do the hard work I just put them on...

Pics with my Iphone...so color is off...they are Candy Red.

Candy.jpg

Candy5.jpg

Justine Rocks!

Roy, I found a spelling error:p :p

eddie102870 said:
lol....funny shit:D

I dated Justine between marriages...must have been a flash back! She Rocked too...! Wonder what ever happened to her...don't even remember her last name...:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back