Before - After

Nice work Jimi!

I was looking at mine last week wondering the best way to clean them up... seems like you found my answer for me!:rock:

Did you pull the covers out to do this?

Big difference:D ,
looks killer:congrats:

Well, I can't see pictures here until I get home, but I can imagine what you mean about the letters beginning to look like crap Jimi. When I was taking my valve covers off I didn't realize how bad the letters looked. Well, I cracked the driver's side valve cover. Justin managed to find me another one so I shipped the good one to him. When I got them I was quickly able to see the difference. The letters on my cracked valve cover (that I kept) looked absolutely aweful. Justin made them look :top:parkay. Then I added chrome lettering on top and :proud:I am so glad I got that out of the way.

Anyway, I'm sure after all that work you spent on her you will likely keep on it to make sure it doesn't get back to that rough and tarnished look.

I've had to touch them up once since. All I had to do was wipe them off with some Eagle One wadding cloth.

There's a product out there that will "seal" polished aluminum, but I can't remember what it is called.

Nice work Roz.!!:congrats: I can read this thread all day!!:rock: ................ (I also use a soft bristled brush to remove or "brush down" any insects/insect parts from the radiator).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back