belanger header/ a arm clearance issue

axel

Reaction score
installing belanger headers on my 06rc and the passenger side header is touching the top a arm mount on the frame :dontknow: bust out the grinder on the frame? or dent the header?

I'd ask for the correct header. Sounds like you have the wrong ones. Belanger is great about fitting correctly. :drool:

i thought they only made one style? should i call belanger about this?
installed a pair before on Santeens and had to notch out just a little on the a arm. No biggie. Others have had to do this before.

Also make sure if you do notch it out to put a little satin heat resistant paint to prevent any rust.

I didn't need to make any adjustments with mine, good clearance all the way around,
but I did use some heat wrap on some electrical etc.

VENOMOUS1 put the Belanger headers on my '05 QC and they have ample clearance. Work great and sound awesome. Year model could be the big difference. :dontknow:

I believe the 06 fit is abit different. Belanger only made one model. Just notch the iron. alittle paint and all is well!!!

I notched the crap out of it and its not vibrating when i run it on the hoist with open headers so i I'll just have to pray its ok on the street...

Well that answers that, lol. I swore they had two different sets but guess I'm wrong, oops:D
Sorry Lou Belanger, haha

ok so i got a little update for the next guy who finds this thread using the search.. i talked on the phone with belanger header and venomus 1 was RIGHT there is a slight difference between the quad and single cab trucks, you can tell what ones you have by a "S" stamped on the mounting plate above the front spark plug for standard or a "Q" for quadcab.. i did have the right headers so i was instructed to inspect my motor mounts and sure enough apon a closer inspection i found that my right side motor mount bracket (the part that actually mounts to the block) was totally mangled and cousing the right side of the block to sit low! so turns out im a moron and notched my frame for nothing...:(

I thought there was something fishy, mine fit in with no issues and we are both 06 RC's
It should not be a year issue either as I bought mine off a member here with an 05 RC that decided to go Turbo. At least you can sort out that motor mount now!
P.S Don't forget about some heat wrap on the electrical etc.

ok so i got a little update for the next guy who finds this thread using the search.. i talked on the phone with belanger header and venomus 1 was RIGHT there is a slight difference between the quad and single cab trucks, you can tell what ones you have by a "S" stamped on the mounting plate above the front spark plug for standard or a "Q" for quadcab.. i did have the right headers so i was instructed to inspect my motor mounts and sure enough apon a closer inspection i found that my right side motor mount bracket (the part that actually mounts to the block) was totally mangled and cousing the right side of the block to sit low! so turns out im a moron and notched my frame for nothing...:(

glad ya found it:rock::rock::rock:

in the "old days" the fan would hit the shroud, clutch linkage would feel weird &/or throttle linkage could show an engine mount prob.

but with hyd. clutch "linkage", cable throttle "linkage" & electric/hyd. fans ain't no real way to tell until a situation like dis.

state of the art my ass:dontknow::mad::D

might want to check your tranny mount also:dontknow::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back