Best choice of rear end gearing for 1/4 mile?

kray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw a couple of Ram SRT's running at Mopar Nationals... Very dissapointed. I don't want to embarras myself, so I would like to change the rear end gearing prior to making any runs of my own. It looks like the field is split between 4:56 & 4:88's. Any advice would greatly appreciated. Truck is an 04 RC running a 93 octane tune. Since it is a manual shift will a gear change interfere with the tune?

Thanks!

4.56 and no tune change needed. I have ran a 12.90 with magnaflow catbacks and k&n CAI which neither are power adders. I still have stock 4.10s I have a roe tune set on mid power level. Maybe they was not good drivers...........i know i isnt :D

4.56 trucks aren't any quicker than 4.10 trucks. On a track with good DA, 4.88's are slower because you'll need to grab 5th. But on the streets, 4.88's turn any truck into a 10 second monster :D

So what y'all are saying is that with my K&N drop in and my tune from unleashed performance, I've exhausted my toolbox of bolt ons?

So what y'all are saying is that with my K&N drop in and my tune from unleashed performance, I've exhausted my toolbox of bolt ons?

You asked about gears not bolt ons. Heads cam package and a good clutch will yield low-mid 11's in the 1320.

I would like to be able to keep up with you trussman:D
I may cross the line here but my Lightning will run circles around this beast. I'd like to pull of low 13's-high 12's without too much investment. I was informed that changing the gears would result in a few tenths. I am against the bottle, just quit last year, lol...

I would like to be able to keep up with you trussman:D
I may cross the line here but my Lightning will run circles around this beast. I'd like to pull of low 13's-high 12's without too much investment. I was informed that changing the gears would result in a few tenths. I am against the bottle, just quit last year, lol...

Low 13's is what they run stock with a decent driver.....

Ditch all 4 cats, decent TB and UD pulley........

Many tracks around here only let ya run 1/8th on slicks. But it'll be same gain as 4.56 and drs im sure.
Ok, leave the 4.10's and get 28" tall drag radials....
Bottles are for babies :D
The ones without bottles seem to be the ones whining about bottles:chain:
You asked about gears not bolt ons. Heads cam package and a good clutch will yield low-mid 11's in the 1320.
??? Name me one heads cam truck that's running in the mid to low 11's.....

Ok, leave the 4.10's and get 28" tall drag radials....

The ones without bottles seem to be the ones whining about bottles:chain:

??? Name me one heads cam truck that's running in the mid to low 11's.....

I stand corrected. SHOULD run low mid 11's....... if they'd race them.

I ran 13.6 with only magnaflow catback and a k&n cai so I would think an a stock rc should run low 13s if you know what you are doing I have yet to run the quarter with my mods now but I'm thinking I should be 13.1 13.2

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back