Best Mods for the $

Donzi26zx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a used 2005 Ram SRT-10, I am looking to install some mods. What mods work, what are the best for the money spent? I appriciate any help you guys can give me, thanks alot. Oh I almost forgot, the mods will be for drag racing

Silent D said:
Here's the cheapest ponies I know....delete your cats... 25-30hp....

SD

The perfect answer....

For more mods we need to know if you are a QC or RC

Catback,
drop in filter
Flash
Supercharger
Directport No2
full tranny
slicks
etc
etc
etc
etc...

Welcome.....:rock:

Well it really depends on your truck quady or RC.

Quady, computor, catback, cat delete.

RC, catback, cat delete, shifter.

Money not a problem, ......then get the computor, clutch upgrade, dingle balls, 4.88 gears, fuzzy dice, and hot chick in passenger seat.:D :rock:

Welcome to the madness dude!!! The RBC:rock:

patrick

Best mods for the money by cost:

Hurst Short stick for shifter $50

Cat delete at local shop $150

B&G Stage 2 Flash $450

4:88 Gears $650 installed

John Stuttle said:
Best mods for the money by cost:

Hurst Short stick for shifter $50

Cat delete at local shop $150

B&G Stage 2 Flash $450

4:88 Gears $650 installed

Can anyone tell me the part # for the Hurst short stick?

I have noticed everyone is in agreement about the cat deleat . So how many of you have to deal with state inspections and do you run a deleat pipe flanged on both ends to replace it for every inspection ?
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Cat delete.... cat delete..... cat delete... Okay but no one talks about sims to keep the check engine light from coming on. Also, am I reading right or is it true that a supercharger saves gas? I know I've been here long enough, meaning I should know already, but before I really wasn't interested. I've been getting ideas recently so I really gotta know for sure.

Hotrodmike said:
I have noticed everyone is in agreement about the cat deleat . So how many of you have to deal with state inspections and do you run a deleat pipe flanged on both ends to replace it for every inspection ?
Have A Kind Day
Mike

That's what I am going to do. I haven't installed them yet, they're still laying in the garage, but I'm going to take them and get flnages installed as well as the factory pipes so they'll be easy to change for that annual event.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
That's what I am going to do. I haven't installed them yet, they're still laying in the garage, but I'm going to take them and get flnages installed as well as the factory pipes so they'll be easy to change for that annual event.

That is my plan too...but it is my understanding that in my new home state (Illinois) that inspections don't happen until the vehicle is four years old. The flow throughs, will be for inspection day only, and installed with clamps.

And in response to the question about superchargers improving milage...yes, if tuned very well. But the bigest increase in milage is a lighter foot...NBT and I both have to baby the throttle to keep wheel spin to a minimum....sorry, just had to say that:p :p :p

Donzi26zx said:
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a used 2005 Ram SRT-10, I am looking to install some mods. What mods work, what are the best for the money spent? I appriciate any help you guys can give me, thanks alot. Oh I almost forgot, the mods will be for drag racing

Plain and Simple - F'n Nitrous!:rock:

Personally, I'm skeeered of it, but you asked.:D

Anthony quit worrying about gas!!!! You got 500 HP under the hood dude!!! Your in a gas gulping, tire burning, panty dropping machine!!! Good gas mileage would take away the smiles.........and panties!!! LOL

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back