Best tires for stock rims ??? I want traction!! :(

AdrianCaF91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently bought a srt-10 rc and the pirellis don't hook in my high rpm's.. I can't decide what tires to get . I need help

oh boy, lmao:marchmellow::marchmellow:

BFG's here:rock::rock::rock:

& welcome to the red button club:rock::rock::rock:

man im all mad right now :dontknow: I was just driving it doing launches and I get to launch good then it hits 4k rpm and just starts spining .

btw i have mopar catback , sct ROE tuned , k&n cone drop. Do you think this is the problem??

are the bfgoodrich alot better than pirellis?

Can you say DRAG RADIALS!! these truck are like hybrids they burn gas and tires lol

Well! hmm... truck still spins but without wheelhop!! Big engine, heavy truck!! lots of torque! feather the throttle. wax the quarters makes the rubber wash off easier

What about those kumhos 325/40r22? I would guess since they are wider it would grip a little more

What about those kumhos 325/40r22? I would guess since they are wider it would grip a little more

Where can you get those today? I have a set on my truck and they are about worn out (several years old)...but I have checked everywhere and I can't find a source that has them today....I need a pair bad!

After stocks I bought yokohama parada spec-x;s they hooked very well, even in the rain.

they discontinued making them in our tire size.

Now I have new Toyos and they can't even hook in dry conditions.

I think the consensus best tire is the bfgoodrich bfg's?

After stocks I bought yokohama parada spec-x;s they hooked very well, even in the rain.

I have the Prada's too, too bad the discontinued them. I had the toyo's before the Prada and agree they suck:argh:

YUK

I have the Prada's too, too bad the discontinued them. I had the toyo's before the Prada and agree they suck:argh:

since i've had 7 sets of tires and don't let the truck sit...

kumhos, HATED they sucked traction was horrible
toyo proxes were OK but wet traction was terrible and dry was mediocre
went with a set of proxes ST2's (the new ones) and they were better, but still not great in either condition... when the roads are wet they're still easy to turn loose (i'm running these now)
continentals i freaking loved those tires... got about 30k out of them but overall performance was great and z rated
oem pirelli's i got the most miles out of 40k miles on them and second only to the continentals, i actually liked them and would buy them again without question
i haven't had the yoko parada's or the BFG's but the only reason i wouldn't get BFG's is because i drive a lot and the treadwear is only 300, so i'd probably be lucky to get 20k miles out of them...

but from what i hear, for traction, the BFG's are the best option...

I'm gonna go with the bfg . They look so good on rams. Thanks guys

You will be pleased you went with the BFG's... significantly better than the Pirellis from my experience.

If you can still find them, Continental is the best. They handle like you are on rails. I was fortunate enough to get a set of them a few months back. Only tires I put on the truck since I've had it and like Dan said z speed rated with code W which is really high speed our trucks likely won't hit.
Z = 149+mph
W code is good for 168+mph

Outlawl said:

Yep! That's what I also run.

What about buying 2 20x9 srt10 replicas and put Mickey/thompsons street radials 2's 305/35r20????? . My cousin has them on his 11' Shelby gt500 with mods and that thing hook with those tires!:rock: for the weekends ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back