Better nitrous results

ARRESTmeRed04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
went back to the track with a full bottle and the truck ran 100 times better. the truck still has more in it but gonna have to switch to a taller tire because im running out of gearing finally.
First pass 4000rpm launch with a 75shot of spray for 1 second then the full 150 shot. 1.57 60' [email protected] 1/8 mile and a full .2 faster than the best last week 11.31@120mph
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HizPe17GxLs]Nitrous SRT10-11.31@120 - YouTube[/ame]
waited about an hour and a half to make sure the bottle pressure was right again and went for another pass, same 4000rpm launch but sped up the nitrous ramp to .5secs to tthe full shot. Spun as soon as the spray came on, 1.58 60' [email protected] 1/8, truck didnt feel right(lack of power) towards the end of the track so i backed out of it still ran an [email protected]. Still not totally sure what the problem was but my low fuel light came on in the staging lanes so im wondering if it ran out of fuel moentarily.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IesPs-humag]nitrous SRT10-11.49 - YouTube[/ame]
Scott showed up with his wideband so we could check the A/F since i have no gauge and had no idea what it was running. just to be safe i put 4 gallons of 110 race fuel in it(freaking $10 a gallon, but it smells good:D). We made a quick blast on the highway while he watched the A/F and it was stupid rich, 9.5:1. So to lean it out a little we decided to add nitrous instead of subtracting fuel. made another blast with the biggest n20 jet i had and it was still on the rich side, 10.7:1. decided to leave it there and make a pass.
4000rpm launch with the .5sec N20 ramp spun a decent bit 1.59 60' [email protected] 1/8 and after bouncing off the rev limiter before crossing the line [email protected]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joTpMcIy-3A]Nitrous SRT10-11.04@122 - YouTube[/ame]
i really think the truck has a 10 in it, it fell on its face when it hit the limiter, but i thought i might have that problem so i bought a set of 30x14 M&H slicks when i bought the N20 a while back(running a 28x14.5 hoosier now) so ill get the taler slicks mounted up and head back in a few weeks, by the end of the night the track was getting dew on it and the truck was spinning all of first and into second. also need to call NOS to make sure one of my settings is right on my progressive controller it might be starting over at 75hp and ramping back up evertime i shift.

Congrats bro and it was a great sight to witness. I'm pretty sure you're programmed Right we just gotta get those taller tires and hook a 1.55 60 :chain:
Awesome night!

Out F*****G Standing...........Congrats Justin.....I'm cheering for you....(as long as you're on the bottle)!

Congrats Justin! Those tall tires and hitting it with everything out of the gate will be easy 10's. I knew you'd make me change my sig lol

Out F*****G Standing...........Congrats Justin.....I'm cheering for you....(as long as you're on the bottle)!
Thanks Jerry, I don't think I'll be doing an NA build anytime soon unless I stumble into a large sum of money.
Congrats Justin! Those tall tires and hitting it with everything out of the gate will be easy 10's. I knew you'd make me change my sig lol
Only had to add 1 word:chain: hoping 10's are that easy....
Did you guys get the race weight of the truck?
I think it's around 4700ish
That is fricken AWESOME!!!!!

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet
Thanks man

All this power and accuracy with NO O2 SENSORS!!
Tuned by Venomous1 Racing and NO O2 SENSORS!! Lmfao:D

You know you can remove three lugnuts from each wheel for a few more lbs saved. :D

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to you getting that 10 second time slip. It's awesome to see a 10' get beat on and not worry about car shows and dyno numbers. Great driving!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back