BFG KDW Tire Review

GutsyGecko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These tires have a hair over 7k on them. They grip awesome in the dry. 1st gear hooks up so long as you roll into the power. They are awesome in the rain and handle highway speed standing water without complaint. The also look very good, and have rim protectors built into the design. (Overhangs rim by about 1/2"). They are a little on the loud side, but so is everything associated with a 500HP truck.

My only complaint is their reaction when pushed beyond the limit. They don't squeal or give any indication they are approaching the limits of availible traction. They will just break loose without warning. I do feel they have excellent traction properties though. They hook straight and predictably. All in all I think this is one of the best choices for all out performance for our 22" wheels. So far I've had the falken ziex (sucked), the grabber UHP which was a very good tire, but not quite as grippy as these, although it had better noise and foul weather characteristics. It just can't go head to head with the KDW in the dry.

I don't know anyone else who had tried both of these contenders on one truck, so I decided to post my musings to help out someone on the fence. The only downside I can find to the KDW is the fact it costs twice what the grabber UHP's do. So if you drive on a track and want all out performance, the KDW is for you. If you want good performance at a good cost for the street, the Grabber UHP will do it cheaper.

Great review. I am sold on going with the KDWs when I need tires.

i agree with ya:rock::rock::rock:

ruined one of my BFG's 2 or 3 months back & no one had them in stock.

went with a set made by GT Radial Champo 528.

these puppies are super sticky, even better than the BFG's.

not as good in the twisty bits, sort of darty,but for the price right now good set of tires for our beasts:rock:

will be goin back to the BFG's when those wear out

oh & when the BFG's get near the wear bars, they are gone.

got just over 30k on both sets of my BFG's also

Last edited:
I have had the Falkens, decent tire for the money. Tried the KDWs, got 33k from them. Due to an availability issue currently have NITTO 420s. If I hadn't had the KDWs, I would be satisfied with the NITTOs. Nowhere near the traction of the KDWs, break loose much quicker, ride rougher. Going back to KDWs shortly. Expensive, yes. I just prefer them for my style of driving..

UIH,

I put a new set of KDW's on about a month ago. I have less that 200 miles on them. I have yet to jump on them. Its still cold here and the roads also have that fine layer of sand from all the snow.

To jump now would be futile.

The ride is real nice compared the solid rubber tires I had. I don't really notice the noise. I guess if turned the radio down or didnt cruise at 3500 I may notice more. The Belanger Long tubes and magnaflow CB sounds pretty good around there. I will never know about the rain traction, ever.

UIH,

B

Great review, and I agree completely.

KDW is the only tire I will ever run on my truck...regardless of price.

If Nitto made the NT05 for our size, I would run those (they would grip even better, but wear out quicker)... but since we're very limited in choices, the KDW is the way to go.

These are also discontinued(tire and the size), just so all know......sucks. Being replaced with a new style but no listing for our size yet......TireRack shows them as a closeout item.

Actually just checked and Tire Rack and no longer available from them in our size, may be tough to get a replacement if needed, this really sucks, I wanted these next year when I redo my suspension and wheels..............

The KDW's were on my truck when I bought it in September and I LOVE them. Great ride and grip. Not sure when the last guy put them on, so I have no idea how many miles they have on them.

G-force Rivals ARE AWESOME. If they make them in out size that will be the be all end all tire for racing. They wear out in about 15k miles though. lol

BFG KDW

It looks like discounttire.com is still showing availability on the BFGoodrich KDW for our truck!

Yeah but when they are gone there are no more, buy a few extra's.......

G-force Rivals ARE AWESOME. If they make them in out size that will be the be all end all tire for racing. They wear out in about 15k miles though. lol

Fine with me. I'd rather get something that hooks. When these come out, I may pull my KDWs with 5k miles on them and buy these.

They are already out but not in our size, may not be at all. Our size is a very small market, a Michelin pilot supersport would be awesome to but they never offered our size because of that.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back