big brown truck

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he showed up with my caltracs today ,,,why dont one of you fat cheezeburger eating gomers come over and install them for me this sunday in the 99 degree temps outside lol :D :D :D

bigike said:
Bro I'd come out But................ I'm leaving the country again monday............
Sorry, but I've been meaning to ask, what the hell is Arnie throwing around? :laugh: :confused: Crayons? :laugh:

Ironhead, do you have the means to press out the stock rubber bushings? They were a pain in the a@@!!! Everything else was pretty easy once Stinker told me how to adjust them.

Ironhead said:
he showed up with my caltracs today ,,,why dont one of you fat cheezeburger eating gomers come over and install them for me this sunday in the 99 degree temps outside lol :D :D :D

I'm on my way... :rock:

But they may end up on the wrong truck...:dontknow: :D

spdrcrj said:
Ironhead, do you have the means to press out the stock rubber bushings? They were a pain in the a@@!!! Everything else was pretty easy once Stinker told me how to adjust them.

why yes i do i got a plan my brother:rock:eek:nly question i got is do i take the slapper spring with rubber stop on it out when i do it ,,

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
why yes i do i got a plan my brother:rock:eek:nly question i got is do i take the slapper spring with rubber stop on it out when i do it ,,

yep. everthing goes from the spring down.
i screwed up & put the jack stands to where i could not get the rear shackles off, so did them "on" the truck.
tourched/melted the rubber out. be careful. the hot rubber can pop on ya rather wildly. let cool down & remove the bushin shell
cleaned the spring eye up & made a "press" out of a Cat head bolt.
put some anti-seize on the bolt & finished the assemblin it
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back