Billet Throttle Body....

I'd like to see a GB.. i might be convinced enough. :)

Looks like we already got 10 or so people already.. haha.

Count me in on the group buy. What do we have to swap from the stocker?

Roe Racing said:
Thanks for the comments.
There's little full throttle power to be gained with a larger throttle body unless a stock one is a restriction. If the stock one is restrictive, which would primarily show up at peak RPM, then you can gain a few ponies.
The biggest improvement is in the way the engine reacts to throttle changes. It gives the impression of having more power and is frankly, funner to drive.
For availabilty, we have eight on the shelf ready to ship out.
There's no need to retune for the larger TB on a stock or mildly modded engine. The gain is only about 1 HP per cyclinder, which isn't much fuel.
Regards,
Sean

here ya go venom...

The actual HP gains are little, but it feels like a lot.
I've never offered a group buy, but here's how I could envision it working.
When manufacturing, the setup time is what eats you up. Once you're set up, it's very efficient from there. Making one of something sucks. One reason our price may be lower right now is because I budgeted to make ten at a time, spreading out the setup costs. Now if we could make twelve or fifteen, that would allow the setup cost to be spread over more. So, bottom line, you guys see how many are actually interested and I'll put together the best price I can at that quantity. Nobody has to commit anything right now other than interest. Once we get a number to make, I'll get you the price and we can all decide together if we should proceed. Fair enough?

Regards,
Sean

Roe Racing said:
The actual HP gains are little, but it feels like a lot.
I've never offered a group buy, but here's how I could envision it working.
When manufacturing, the setup time is what eats you up. Once you're set up, it's very efficient from there. Making one of something sucks. One reason our price may be lower right now is because I budgeted to make ten at a time, spreading out the setup costs. Now if we could make twelve or fifteen, that would allow the setup cost to be spread over more. So, bottom line, you guys see how many are actually interested and I'll put together the best price I can at that quantity. Nobody has to commit anything right now other than interest. Once we get a number to make, I'll get you the price and we can all decide together if we should proceed. Fair enough?

Regards,
Sean
Sounds fair to me, I'm in.

HaroldD said:
Count me in on the group buy. What do we have to swap from the stocker?

The stock shaft and bearings have to be swapped over. We supply the tools to R&R the bearings.
You'll need a Dremel tool or small grinder to cut the screws that hold the stock butterflies.
We can cut the screws here, but you'll have to pay shipping both ways (an option if you don't have any way to cut or grind the threads off and don't want to do it yourself).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back