Billy Boat Exhaust Install Help

Tweak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am having a hell of a time getting this damn thing on. This is a QC, so if any of you guys have any form of install pics I would greatly appreceait the help.

1. 1st and foremost spray all of the exhaust manifold bolts with something that helps break them loose. I used a spray specifically for it but a lot of people just use WD40. Jack up the truck and pull the front tires off....
WP_000559.jpg

2. Pull the fender liner out (make sure you disconnect the batter first)
WP_000560.jpg

3. Disconnect the collectors and mids. I was going to have Exhaust cutouts welded to flanges and bolted in so I cut my mids and removed it in one piece.
WP_000563.jpg

WP_000565.jpg

4. I dont think you have to but I disconnected the steering shaft cuz it allows you to move it a bit and get your arms in there.
WP_000561.jpg

5. Remove the Heat sheild bolts and then the Exhaust manifold bolts...I used a ratchet and didnt have any problems on the driver side...Passanger side used a impact on the first bolt and snapped it but got it out fine with my finger tips once the manifold was out. So used a ratchet. Instructions I believe say to remove the spark plugs. If your careful you wont have any issues and wont need to...but you need to be careful...you dont want to bust one of them off.
WP_000564.jpg

6. With the manifold off you can you can get under the truck and pass the headers up. You can do it yourself its really easy but another set of hands would make it a lot easier.
WP_000566.jpg

7. You can start bolting everything up now but make sure you put anti seize on the bolts. (i cleaned off the gasket area real quick with some rubbing alcohol just be careful not to get anything inside. Dont use the supplied gaskets. I've had mine done for about a month now and have a leak. I'll be putting an OEM gasket back in this weekend most likely.
WP_000572.jpg

8. I did have an issue with torquing them down. I believe the instructions say 35ft pnds..... Well i wasn't there yet and snapped the first bolt i tighted. So i torqued mine down to about 30.... Another issue i ran into. Was the primaries didn't line up exactly with the ports so I just grabbed a rag and a long screw driver and just used it for leverage to barely move them over and get the bolts started. Just incase you run into that. The other issue was the steering shaft. Once you bolt it up the bolt rubbed a little on one of the primaries....i just trimmed the bolt a little make sure you put that one in with some locktite.

Should be about it...if you have any questions just let me know

I am having a hell of a time getting this damn thing on. This is a QC, so if any of you guys have any form of install pics I would greatly appreceait the help.

give me a shout tweak if ya need some help man, here at the shop bud, Im sure you got the number buddy

sparksftball69. That is awsome. ask an you shall recieve:rock:

this is a perfect example of why we are all here. good man:rock:

I try. I usually screw my stuff up but help someone else out....only thing though is hes not asking about the header....oh well...someone else will have it now

The header will come later this year, but after this headache I'll happily pay somebody else to deal with ...

the headers were really easy. especially if you dont use the gaskets supplied. The individual ones are a Bltsh! The entire header job was easier then removing the 6 bolts on the OEM manifold to mids

the headers were really easy. especially if you dont use the gaskets supplied. The individual ones are a Bltsh! The entire header job was easier then removing the 6 bolts on the OEM manifold to mids

OMG, I know right, took me forever to get those out the first time I swapped mids...

well im guna b doin headers here soon and it will help me.

and u doin it the hard way first is jujst u takin one for the team,lol thnx, hehehe

LOL....yeah my suggestion is if your replacing the mids and you dont care about them. Just cut them a little lower around where the then bend starts and it will save you hours working on those six bolts. That damn metal piece that goes all the way around the bolt is whats the pain. If you get down there and just start wrenching you twist it and cant get anything on the top bolt. I ended up taking a dremel and cutting a slit on the top of the bolt and then sticking a long screw driver in it to the hold the top bolt...worked like a champ...but that was after hours of frustration when i first got the truck. After that i was terrified of the OEM manifolds and mids...lol not any more though.

what exactly are you having a problem with?

The tail pipe section is not going on right, I think I may have the the QC extensions tweaked little, I'm gonna pull the mids and leave the muffler and attempt to install the tail pipe section again to see if that is wear my problem lies.

so your headers and mids are installed along with the catback.....just your tailpipe isn't lining up?

LOL....yeah my suggestion is if your replacing the mids and you dont care about them. Just cut them a little lower around where the then bend starts and it will save you hours working on those six bolts. That damn metal piece that goes all the way around the bolt is whats the pain. If you get down there and just start wrenching you twist it and cant get anything on the top bolt. I ended up taking a dremel and cutting a slit on the top of the bolt and then sticking a long screw driver in it to the hold the top bolt...worked like a champ...but that was after hours of frustration when i first got the truck. After that i was terrified of the OEM manifolds and mids...lol not any more though.

Exactly, I cut 2 off , unbolted 3 and the inside passenger side bolt I snapped of...

can you post a pic of where it isnt lining up? like by not lining up do you mean the hangers wont line up?

lol ok bud.... to be honest my exhaust doesn't line up perfectly.....like the tip isn't centered on the bumper and it drives me crazy....... I tried everything that I personally could think of.....on top of that the hanger rattled against a metal bracket when it wanted and to fix it i took a grinder to it.....

lol ok bud.... to be honest my exhaust doesn't line up perfectly.....like the tip isn't centered on the bumper and it drives me crazy....... I tried everything that I personally could think of.....on top of that the hanger rattled against a metal bracket when it wanted and to fix it i took a grinder to it.....

What exhaust r u running?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back